I'm fucking mad at the people in the US who support and promote adult bullies.

I use to get bullied in school. I’m an expert. Donald Trump is a fucking bully, (among other things.) Why are so many dipshits are supporting him? He’s a moron, a bigot, and a disgusting person.

He doesn’t talk about god much, and perhaps this should be it’s own separate rant, but fuck all of the Religious-Right too. I don’t “HATE” anyone, but I’m extremely fed up with people who **are **hateful. Especially when that hate is inspired by delusions that you’re doing god’s work. These people are bullies too.

I know that most of you Dopers generally know what I’m talking about. I feel like this post lacks substance, and if you need some examples of why these bigots are pissing me off… (hate towards illegal immigrants and wanting to deport families that have had “anchor babies” even if it’s unconstitutional, calling people “losers”, lack of respect for POW’s, ect…,) and (Private Jets for preachers, promotion of faith healing, hatred towards homosexuals, ect…)

I’m just so angry and sad right now. I’m a pretty simple guy, and I don’t understand the hatred. Why are people so hateful? Why are they so ignorant? I’m sorry for the weak rant, I’m just really getting upset.

Donald Trump isn’t a bully. He really isn’t. What he is, is strong, and when someone hits him, he hits them back a lot harder. This serves two purposes: one, the offending party learns their lesson and typically doesn’t attack him again; and two, most of the people who see what happened learn not to attack him either. Trump rarely attacks people who haven’t attacked him first.

Imagine what it would have been like if when you were bullied, you’d had the power and ability to hit those bullies back so hard they’d never mess with you again. And in so doing, other bullies had seen what happened and decided they’d better not mess with you either. Your life would have been much easier and you’d have had to contend with far fewer attempts at bullying you, wouldn’t you? You’d have come out ahead and lived a much happier life. You’d have had respect not only from your classmates or co-workers, but most likely from the people who tried to bully you too. And you’d have had more respect for yourself too, I’ll bet. That’s how Donald Trump lives his life. He talked about it decades ago in his book The Art of the Deal.

It’s late and I have to call it a night, but much of what gets labelled hatred when it comes to illegal immigrants and gays and mandated birth control and so forth isn’t really hatred at all, but mere disapproval or disagreement. Genuine hatred does exist to certain degree, but in my experience it’s dwarfed by the number of people who simply disapprove of certain behaviors and get labelled haters as a consequence. I know quite a few people who disapprove of illegal immigration, for example, including some Hispanics who’re resentful that they paid money and applied for visas and waited their turn to get here only to see others come flooding into the country illegally and getting welfare and food stamps and drivers’ licenses. None of these people hate Hispanics (especially the ones who are Hispanic themselves), but it seems that to the left one must ignore or overlook any and all behavior by anyone not a white male or Christian, no matter how illegal or how destructive or how harmful it is, or get labelled a hater, racist, sexist or whatever. It’s ridiculous. And it’s a large part of why Donald Trump is doing so well in the polls. People are sick and tired of being lied about and called names simply because they want issues that trouble them addressed, and they’re sick and tired of politicians who don’t have the courage to do anything about them.

Who has hit Donald first?

Applying this “reasoning” to something like the Megyn Kelly situation yields ludicrous results. In order for your characterization to make sense, we would have to believe that by asking a hard question, MK was “bullying” Trump. This is not the case. He didn’t like the question, sure, but candidates don’t get to pick and choose what questions they’ll be asked.

Second, the “offending party” in this instance would be the media. Has the media “learned their lesson” and “typically [won’t] attack him again”?

I am (mildly) surprised that you are so forceful in your defense of bullying. You sound pretty much like every parent of a bully (and every abuser of spouses or children) I have ever encountered . “They made him/me hit them!
How odd–or maybe not.

This is silly. How did Megyn Kelly “attack” him? For that matter, his attack on John McCain was out of proportion to and irrelevant to anything McCain had said regarding his candidacy. (Nothing McCain said could be regarded as an attack by anyone but a bully like Trump).

(And you have clearly never watched his TV show.) :wink:

Bullshit, watch “you’ve been Trumped”. There is obvious bullying of innocents all the way through it and the fact that Trump isn’t literally stealing someone’s lunch money on film doesn’t lessen his complicity.

ETA - and even if there was any hint of an “attack” on him he becomes fully responsible for how the asymmetry of his reaction. If a kid kicks me in the shins I might be fully justified in holding him off so he can’t do it again, smashing him the face with a two-by-four and suing his family… not so much.

How had Heidi Klum attacked him when he randomly announced that she isn’t that pretty, any more, but he would have dated her when she was younger?

It was pretty much impossible that Trump attacked first. Think about your typical Trump-Megyn pair, standing eye to eye, and try to imagine making that swing with your fist and you’ll see that the geometry of the situation is pretty ludicrous.

How had Obama attacked Trump when Trump starting inventing truly ridiculous crap about him?

It’s sad, but not surprising, that so many people see “hitting back” as a sign of strength rather than a sign of weakness. Even more sad is that folks like Starving Artist admit that Trump sometimes personally attacks people who didn’t even say anything against him, and dismisses this as nothing (or part of this supposed strength).

And who knows? Maybe today I, too, would have a name synonymous with comically tacky ostentation, unchecked ego, serial bankruptcy, and the most ridiculous hairpiece in the history of mankind.

MommaTrump.

Like Heidi Klum? She really deserved his ire.

Megan Kelly for asking the questions at a debate that he agreed – nay, desperately wanted – to be in?

Sometimes I find it beneficial to step away from the news for a few days when I start feeling like this. Or I’ll seek out feel good stories instead. Some people are ignorant and hateful, but a whole lot of people are not.

It’s no fun feeling sad and angry and I hope you feel better soon.

The GOP is full of bullies. Chris Christie is a bully par excellence. If Christie’s candidacy hadn’t already been doomed for other reasons, Scott Walker’s more successful bullying in Wisconsin would have doomed it. Jebbie demonstrated his bullying abilities in the Terry Schiavo case.

They love bullies on that side of the aisle. Nobody should be surprised that a bigger, better bully has taken the party by storm.

Bullying is contagious. Certain Dopers have gotten even worse recently, inspired by Trump & Cruz. Yup, that “PC” stuff has really been holding them back. (Although most of them have previously been glad to display their racism, sexism, xenophobia & homophobia. )

So we’ve witnessed an ever-increasing wave of ugliness, here & on TV. When it comes time to vote, I’ll vote. Until then, I’ll try to ignore as many of the Republican candidates & their fans as I can.

Unless I’m in the Pit–because I don’t feel like being polite. Pretend they are decent folk worth debating? Hell, no. I’ll bully them right back…

Thank you for the kind words. I will step away like you suggested.

Great leaping Jesus, is everything about Heidi Klum?

Not that it’s necessarily a bad thing…

Real strength doesn’t “punch down”. The really strong do not need to go about demanding respect under threats.

“They’re weak losers” said no truly strong person.

Of course, there are those among us who believe the weaker should be under the foot of the powerful, forever. That this is the good and righteous order of the universe. Heck, some may see actual objective weakness, as in being unable to fight back without getting stomped, as a moral failure.

Trump is a blowhard and a moron, but I wouldn’t characterize him as a bully. He’s probably an asshole to work for, but so is Hillary Clinton. Anybody that makes it to that level of success has to have a type A personality.

Plus, Megyn Kelly definitely “attacked” him by any reasonable definition of the word. She and the other Fox moderators had a clear agenda: End Trump’s candidacy. It was a colossal fuckup because it basically only did two things:

1. Alienating Fox’s audience members who support Trump and hurting the Fox brand.
  2. Strengthening Trump’s support, as people rallied around him seeing that he was being attacked.

If they just played it straight and asked him fair but tough questions then no doubt he would have used that rope to hang himself. Instead they went at him so hard he actually looked good with his answers where he fought back. His answer to the question of his statements about women was perfect where he talked about political correctness. Plus that question was unfair as the whole “woman on her knees” comment was taken out of context unfairly.