I'm getting LASIK today...

…and I’m just a bit anxious, to be honest. I work at an ophthalmology practice specializing in LASIK and other corrective surgeries, so I’ve had ample opportunity to learn about them, talk to doctors as well as patients, and observe them firsthand. Still, it feels like a big deal to be putting my own eyes under the laser.

Anyone want to come hold my hand? :frowning: :wink:

Good luck!

Oh good luck. From what I’ve heard it’s quick and simple and the results will be great. And apparently valium is fun.

:slight_smile:

It is indeed quick and simple and well worth it, although the using eyedrops for weeks afterward gets old fast.

One piece of advice for you: when the lasering is about to begin, hold your breath. First reason: it helps you keep very very still. Second reason, I’ll spoilerbox, because you might not want to read it until afterwards: if you hold your breath, you won’t experience the smell of burning eyeball, which is pretty icky, physically and psychologically.

Hehe…thanks, Max. I’ve actually witnessed plenty of surgeries firsthand, and am pleased to say that the spoilered side-effect doesn’t happen here, at least not unless you have a massive amount of correction to do, which I do not. :slight_smile:

And I’m already on two of the drops, and am already sick of the taste of them in the back of my throat. gag

good luck! Hope all goes well.

Good luck! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you. :slight_smile:

Good Luck, I had mine done in January and I could not be more pleased with the Procedure and the results.

Jim

I had mine done last week! I had my followup appointment today, and they said that one eye is 20/20 and the other is 20/40. Not bad, considering how bad they were before. And yes, I did get the spoiler-box affect.

I hope everything went well for you, OneCentStamp.

Heh, keep hoping. I’m going to go downstairs in about half an hour and start my work-up.

Oh, sorry, I thought you’d be done, or at least in the midst of it, by now. Don’t worry, soon you’ll get that valium, and everything will be OK.