I'm giving you 500 dollars. However, you must spend it immediately. What do you do with it?

New Tablet. iPad Air 2, reviewed here: The iPad Is the Best Tablet for 2023 | Reviews by Wirecutter

With tax and ship it will be close to $600.

I’d say restaurant, but under the terms of the OP I’d have to go myself which would be no fun.
I was going to say Lego Super Star Destroyer, but that’s been retired. So, possibly the Millennium Falcon for $200 and a few landmark kits. And I’d save $150 or so for a wooden jigsaw puzzle.

Motorcycle Jacket, the Roland Sands Enzo in brown. I can’t justify the purchase normally, as I’ve already got two nice jackets, one leather, one textile. Under the parameters of this hypothetical, though…

When I read the OP, I wondered how far we would make it down thread before this answer.

Nicely done, I am not disappoint.

Bills.

A new outfit.

The tires that I desperately need.

If I were in the financial position to use it as fun money, I’d prepay four 90 minute massages.

Buy a desk and hall table (which I’ve been looking at online for ages). I keep putting it off, but they would both be nice to have.

Probably 10 bottles of good quality whisky, (better quality than I would otherwise buy) that would last me quite a long time.

Lego

Not sure how far it’d go, but I want a decent frying pan, a griddle that won’t warp, and a couple of good knives. A food processor would be a nice new toy also. I guess my answer is miscellaneous stuff for my kitchen. The stuff I have is OK, but I’d like a few nicer things.

A new couch. Mine is worn out.

I’d probably need to add to the $500.00 though to get something decent.

Patio furniture.

$500 for 5 hours at a strip club? There are hookers who run better rates than that. *Decent *hookers.

:smiley:

I would probably spend most of it on clothing. My wardrobe needs a serious update; a lot of my stuff doesn’t fit me. Definitely get at least one decent suit out of the deal, and a few pairs of pants. The rest? Depending on how much is left, I’d do some grocery shopping, and maybe buy something on steam. Or, depending on the time of day and how much time I have left after all that shopping, visit a hooker. A decent hooker.

A new pair of skis. It’s always a new pair of skis.

I need to take my car to the mechanic. It’s got a horrible vibration at certain engine rpms. I have a feeling that will take the full $500.

There’s a new Fender P-Bass sitting in the music store around the corner from me that has my name on it.

I would need to augment the $$$.
Tell me when it will arrive. It takes me 5 minutes to walk to the store.

A friend introduced me to pickle-backs last night. Mmmmmmmmmm.

I’d replace my iPad with a new iPad.

A really good circular saw.

Noice!

Whatcha ride?