I'm giving you 500 dollars. However, you must spend it immediately. What do you do with it?

The Epson Ecotank ET-4550 printer.

You know, I can’t think of anything I’d particularly want. Maybe use it for a night on the town in NYC – dinner and a show. If I go to TKTS and pick the right hotel, my wife and I could go down and stay overnight.

Amusing combination of poster name and post. The question truly needs idle thoughts.

My needs and even wants are so modest (or so immodest on the other hand–with $90,000 I would just get on an airplane and go to one of those $1000/night caribbean resorts for 3 months) that I find it hard. Maybe I would just blow it on a new phone. My old one doesn’t do texting, nor take photos, nor anything except make phone calls.

Or, as the late George Carlin said, Pussy and Beer…
I had to laugh when these two posts (40 and 41, IIRC) were back-to-back…

More to the point, a new dishwasher is in order and that would probably be where the money went.

deposit it into the bank.

Plane ticket to Memphis to see mom.

With US$500 I could afford the times and connections I wanted, too.

I need new tennis racquets. $500 would buy 4 frames plus stringing.

Maybe just a trip to the grocery store to stock up.

Your timing on this offer is spectacular; I find myself in need of a new laptop this week, since mine has decided to give up the ghost. $500 will just about cover the one I’ve been looking at.

A Celestron C5 spotting scope.

That new table saw I was eying at Lowes last weekend.

I would most likely buy wood for making bows and arrows with.

$200 to stock up on dog food (3 setters eat a LOT)
$150 to stock my freezer with some good steaks, etc.
$150 to pay for my next farmshares season membership

That’s easy. Add $100 to it and pay that tree service I hired last week. Boom. Gone.

Kale U Bass. I’ve wanted one of these things for a long time, but can’t rationalize the price.

Second pair of shoes for work, which will eat about half of it.

Two new pairs of work pants.

New bras.

Anything left on purchasing some fine quality tea.

A new pair of boots and Fiestaware. I’d love some more serving pieces.

In the fall, the pressure filter for my koi pond died. (cheap plastic). A new one would be right about $500 and I could place the order online within minutes. Given more time than 5 hours to spend it, I’d actually like to put it towards an alternative replacement system, but I’m not sure I could come up with the plan and place orders in just five hours.

A second option: I could really use some more work clothes, including shoes.

A new bicycle. Although as others have said, I could easily blow it in a single trip to the liquor store.

Add to my GI Joe collection.