I'm going to blow up the Moon. What are you doing this summer?

As for me I plan on spending a lot of time by the pool, avenging my father’s death brewing some killer dark ale and, of course, drinking it.

Well, crap, smitty! You’ve just gone and wrecked my beach vacation in July. What kinda beach doesn’t have high and low tides?? :frowning:

I’ll help you thwart. Winston Smith snubbed me when I wanted to be a henchperson, so he’s now my sworn enemy. moohoohaha etc.

Well that, and he wants to blow part of **you ** up. I’d think you’d be willing to help just a little, but no mind. I welcome the thwarting assistance. We’ll meet on the side of **Winston’s ** house, just out of his line of sight. I’ll bring beer.

He’d be my sworn enemy if he said he was going to blow me up, too! :eek:

“Launch-capable warhead”? That’s crazy jibber-jabber man. You mean a “booster capable of launching a warhead,” right? What are you using for the first-stage oxidizer? And where’d you get the warhead? One moment you’re talking about all this slush hydrogen, and then you skipped straight to “(3) PROFIT!”. I need details: range-payload curves, booster mass ratios, plume radiant intensities, radar cross section data. Isn’t this the part of your plan where you gloat because there’s nothing we can do about it?

And on a totally unrelated note, this summer I’m working for the Missile Defense Agency as a rocket scientist for hire, teaching our government to shoot down unwanted ballistic missiles. I’m spending my free time painting my wife’s computer case hot-rod black and buffing it to a deep mirror finish, which should be good for an honorary 100MHz.

Blow up the moon? I don’t know … that’s quite a feat. Perhaps you should start with a somewhat less daunting task, such as blowing up a new girlfriend.

[size=1]Hey, he’s a supervillain, he asked for it. ;)[size]

I think we are going to Disney World again. Probably in August.
In late June I plan to spend the week taking the kids places in NYC and NJ. I might stay one night in the city also.
Wouldn’t blowing up the moon have a rather negative effect on the Smith Inc. Secret Moon Base. Is it possible you forgot it was being built?

Jim

I’m moving to another town. No real reason, except my current landlord’s a jerk and the other town has cheaper housing. Longer commute to work, though. But plenty of people to carpool with. When I get everything unpacked I plan to sneak into the Senate, the House, and the Oval Office late one night and super glue an Inflate-a-Date onto every chair, but other than that I’m looking at a pretty slow summer.

I think I’m gonna build a gauss canon, maybe conquer Russia. And take a few sumer classes.

Try going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line, too.

Err . . . you might want to skip Central Europe this summer. Unless you have some sunscreen and vampire repellant. And an underground bunker stocked with supplies for . . . ohhhh, call it 73 years. Or so. (Just sayin’)

As for me, I will be signing up for that computer class I’ve been meaning to take, clearing out the spare bedroom for my library and figuring out a way to get the real George W. Bush back into the White House to replace the mutant chimpanzee I snuck in there after I relocated Dubya to my mind-contr–errr, happy room. Don’t worry, G.W. will be the same happy-go-lucky, can’t-get-me-down-with-the-facts, jolly soul he was when I met him back in May 2002 with a health care proposal and a tranquilizer dart. It’s just that once he’s back in the Oval Office, he’ll suddenly get a powerful urge to sign an executive order requiring Condaleeza Rice to give Linty Fresh all the backrubs and angry sex he can handle.

That’s a good point. I was already bitter about the henchperson thing, and this was just salt in the wound. So now I’m bitter and salty. Ew.

Also ew.

Huh?

This might prove useful

From Inigo’s late employer

If destroying major planetary bodies shows a lack of maturity, I don’t want to be mature! :stuck_out_tongue:

And Cecil’s sources missed the possibility of chunks of moon raining down on us.

I’m gonna read, get in some time on my bike, go swimming at the local pool say HI to the locals, whatever.

And oh yeah! Hunt for frogs and mud turtles.

My brother collects pets.

Oh, I was planning on the 19th, sometime after Mythbusters. Problem is, I’m having some people over that weekend (friend’s fourth marriage, yadda yadda yadda) and I really need the balcony for the seating that day so I’m going to have to move the 'laser somewhere else. Maybe throw a tarp over it so the neighbor’s cat doesn’t have kittens in it again. I might do it the next day, but I dunno. Sunday’s are sandwich days, you know.

The same thing I do every summer… try to take over the world.