I'm melting, I'm melting in the MMP!

Good morning. It’s a rainy day, and the house is quiet, except for the birdsong from the birds outside. I have some windows cracked open because I need fresh air, damn it.

Yesterday’s trip to return shoes and shop for other stuff was a complete bust. First, I forgot the shoes I was going to return, which was a real face:palm moment. Still, I went inside that store to see if there was anything I’d like. Turns out, they didn’t even have the shoes I wanted there. In other words, I just wanted to return the shoes I had and replace them with a half-size up, but there were none of that style to be found. I searched the entire store for something that would appeal to me and there wasn’t anything there. Very frustrating…

After that, I searched Penneys, several clothing stores, and Macy’s. Nothing, nada, zilch. I did end up buying some undergarments because a girl needs to replace that stuff on a regular basis, but no shoes, nothing else. I was looking at getting a smaller purse too. Basically one that I can shove my phone, credit/debit card and license into and be done. My current purse is a large Dooney, and while I love it, it’s heavy. Also, there are times I just want to the essentials into something small that I can just use as a cross body and not be encumbered by it. I found a possibility at Macy’s, but I wasn’t willing to to pay what they wanted. I may still get it, I was just over the shopping thing by the time I found it.

Also, what the hell is up with Macy’s clothing selection for women?! Maybe it’s just the store in the mall near me, but I have been sorely disappointed the last few times I’ve been there. It seems the only choices are “Old Lady” or " Size Double 0 Teeny-Bopper", with nothing in between. Also, where the hell are the slacks? And, I don’t mean pull-up polyester crap. It seems they’ve gone to the “Just in Time” stocking model, but there was little to choose from. I felt much like I was in a store that was going out of business. I get the pandemic slowed stuff doing, but we’re opening back up, and somehow the stores aren’t keeping up. Truth be known, they were going downhill pre-pandemic, but now it’s just sad. Penney’s is worse. I can occasionally find a top there, but it’s very, very, very rare.

Shopping for clothing is not a fun chore for me. Yup, it’s a chore. I don’t like it, especially considering the post quit smoking and pandemic weight gain. I was well on my way back down the scale and then came “The Injury”. Enough bitching and moaning.

Today will consist of laundry and house tidying. I need to sneak in some of that work training too. At least it’s raining, so I won’t feel too bad about staying inside. I maaaay sneak out for a pedicure though.