I'm moving on Tuesday and I have nothing packed

I like waiting till the later, whether it’s moving or packing for a trip. Reason being that I hate it, and it’s one of those jobs that can be done lightening quick (yay) or drag on forever and ever. Which one depends on how much time you have.

That’s a shame about your dad. It sounds like you’re doing things exactly right though. Stay out of his way, go as soon as possible, and worry about the rest from there.

Good luck in your new place!

My daughter is like this. She’s moved a few times now and every time she waits until the night before and just throws stuff in boxes and bags. It all sorts out eventually. Don’t beat yourself up over it. Not everyone is always organized.

I wrap my knick knacks directly in my clothing before stuffing them in the garbage bags. :smiley: But I don’t really care if stuff breaks (if it does break, it’ s a sign that I don’t need it anymore).

Good luck with the packing!

Huzzah! Everything’s been transported over to my new place. Nothing broke, and I even have my bed and couch set up again. Now I have to… unpack. :eek:

We were mostly packed when our movers showed up, but we hadn’t anticipated that they were going to want ALL the legs off of EVERYTHING (we’ve always moved in the past with the legs just left on). That took a little while. Sorry about that, guys.

I got the small book boxes for our move, and I could still hardly move them. It’s like books magically get extra heavy when you pack them in a box.

And, YAY!, Grapefruit.

I’m moving at the end of next week and I have barely started. Got to have a huge chuck-out.

Quartz, it looks overwhelming, but if a procrastinator like me can stuff all her crap into boxes and have them moved, you can do it too!

It’s the unpacking that’s getting to me. By my last count, I still have seven freaking garbage bags of clothes to unpack and hang up. sobs

I chucked a car-full this morning.