I'm moving to Philadelphia

[QUOTE=ultrafilter]
Sure, I’d be up for something in the next couple weeks.

[/QUOTE]

There is a Dopefest up in north Jersey coming up in a couple of weeks – a Saturday, I think June 9th but it might be the 2nd. (I’m not planning to go to this, and I don’t know if anyone who would be interested in dinner is planning to go to this, so I don’t know if we need to counter-schedule or not.)

If we do dinner, a weekend would be better for me than a weekday, since I’m now working up in Booniesville Bucks county, though a weekday isn’t impossible. Locales: Center City is central; we’ve done West Philly at least once; and there’s always Manayunk, which is delightfully convenient for me, plus there’s a SEPTA station there that’s about 20 minutes from Market East.

So my vague thinking is – early June, possibly a weekend, somewhere more or less convenient to the various folks who rely on SEPTA.

Do you have any opinion at all before I start a thread?

Say hi to our cousin. In fact, tell him to come home. We miss him.

[QUOTE=twickster]
So my vague thinking is – early June, possibly a weekend, somewhere more or less convenient to the various folks who rely on SEPTA.

Do you have any opinion at all before I start a thread?
[/QUOTE]
That sounds good.

The short version is that I’ve recently become interested in problems that are too large/complex to be solved analytically, and I don’t think the math department is the best place for studying those. I do intend to become much more mathematically literate than I am today, but from the view of an applied mathematician.