I'm not a frigging Nazi, am I?

The funny thing about stereotypes is that it’s easy for the victims to stereotype back.

I’m an Anglo-Saxon Texan; according to your “friends”, that makes me a slave-owning Confederate.

It’s much easier to lump people into a group than to judge people on an individual basis.

And now, in the spirit of Coldfire:

(Subdivisions), In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,
Conform or be cast out
(Subdivisions), in the basement bars, in the backs of cars,
Be cool or be cast out”

“Ignorance, and Predjudice, and Fear walk hand in hand.”

“…divided into sorry hemispheres.”

Neal Peart is da’ man!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Thanks, aseymayo. My languages are Dutch, English, German and French (in order of language skills, so to speak). Actually, to speak 2 or more langauges is not uncommon for the Dutch. Hey, who the HELL is going to speak Dutch to us, anyway :wink:

And Sealemon: YEAH !!

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Cool, a Rush-fest!
Don’t ever feel bad about your desire to learn more about your ancestry. I’m %50 Viking (Norsk of course) and if if your great-great-great-grandaddy was an evil scumbag, that doesn’t mean you are.
BTW my boyfriend in High school showed me his great-uncle’s (Or someone) Wermacht uniform. It was almost a death sentance for him to keep it after the war. Creepy but interesting.

I’ll be there
Where I’ll teach what I’ve been taught
And I’ve been taught…

I want to learn German!..as soon as I’m done with Japanese. Did I mention I can understand a little Italian?

German + Japanese + Italian what does that make me? A Nazifascimperialist?

I’m seriously (not professionally) into languages. Is it true that German is the hardest of the Germanic languages? It seems so because of all the verb conjugations. I figure that means that once you learn it, the other Germanic languages are (relatively) easy.

Coldfire, after I’m done with German, I’ll learn Dutch! :slight_smile: I’m an eager student. I’ve already learned to count in German and Norwegian, and a few other words too.

Only humans commit inhuman acts.

Momotaro: I’m seriously (not professionally) into languages. Is it true that German is the hardest of the Germanic languages? It seems so because of all the verb conjugations. I figure that means that once you learn it, the other Germanic languages are (relatively) easy.

Actually, I think English is the hardest of the Germanic languages, since it has so much other stuff from other languages thrown in.

The worst part of German is the definate/indefinate articles. In English, there’s “the”, “a”, and “an”. But in German, there’s: der, die, das, den, des, dem. And that’s just the definate articles. Their use is dictated by case and gender.

Oh, yeah. You’ve got to remember the gender of every noun.

Sorry to have gotten back into the thread so late in the game. I know I’m not a Nazi, I just wanted to have a catchy thread title like everyone else does, damnit!! :slight_smile: I guess I just wondered why people have to be so ignorant. Actually I found it quite easy to learn, it resembled English enough that I didn’t have any problems. But if I wanted to learn Japanese, would that make me an evil Jap bent on world domination? Of course not. If I wanted to learn Italian would that have made me stupid Dago? No. So why would my desire to learn German make me a Nazi? It’s easy enough to say that people are just ignorant twats, but WHY can they be reasonably intelligent and still be ignorant in that respect? It doesn’t make any sense. Oh, and one more thing, no more Rush in my thread!! Just kidding, you can talk about stupid Canadian bands all you want. Complete offense to all Canadians!!
Note: All references to ethnicities in the above were made either in jest or to emphasize a point.

“There are many sweeping generalizations that are always true” -Space Ghost