I'm off to take the GRE so's I can get into Harvard!

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

Let us know if you get in, I’ll let you know where all the best grad student bars are.
m

Best of luck.

Tell us how it went! Which subject test are you taking?

Good luck!

Much luck!

Thanks everyone. I took it in Physics. They had a lot of angular momentum this time. I think I did alright; at least I’m not babbling incoherently on the floor. I’ll be taking the Math GRE in December, so hopefully that’ll work out too. Now I just need some really good recommendations, and some more luck. Thanks again!

So I know some people in Astrophysics and used to know some physics people at Harvard. I mean, i still know them but they are not at Harvard anymore. Need any questions answered?

I took the general on Thursday. It wasn’t anywhere near as hard as I thought it was going to be, so that’s a big plus. And, since it was computerized, I got my scores back right away. Bonus!

Well as a matter of fact, Motorgirl I’m going into Astrophysics. What do you think of Harvard Astrophysicists; is this somebody I want to become? Is it students you know, or faculty, or both? How friendly of a program is it? Do you know anyone in Cosmology who’s nice? And, of course, where are all the best bars? :wink: (Though that can wait.)

Thanks for the encouraging words about the General, Flymaster. I’m taking that December 1.

I wish you the best of luck ( really!) The closest I’ve been to Harvard was…uh…the Boston Tea Party Boat Thingie. No test was involved.

and I wanted to say what a great thread title.

Try to use the word “yoots” and “axe” as much as possible when you are there.

" 'Scuse me, can I axe you’s two yoots a question?"
Remember this, above all, never let schooling interfere with your education. (Mark Twain.)

PS - What does GRE stand for?

Graduate Record Exam

Yeah. They’re the tests you take to get into Grad School in the Arts and Sciences. Kind of like the SATs on steroids.

That’s it!

The third word that ends in -gry.

GRfawkingE!

I take the Biology subject test tomorrow, and am posting this instead of studying. (Bad GilaB! Bad! Bad!)

(I’m a Sabbath observer, and can’t take them on Saturday. For unknown reasons, we take it on Monday instead, rather than on Sunday. In Brooklyn. At 8:30 in the morning. (Very very early to a college student who needs to travel to get there.) After I wrote for my test center request “Anywhere in Manhattan”.)