I'm rich! I'm rich! I'm retarded! I'm retarded!

Hmmmmmm. :dubious: Got a cite for that tall tale?

1/ No post offices would have such an amount of cash.
2/ No one cashier would be involved with such a massive transaction. It would involve and be noticed by every member of staff in the premises.
3/ They’d all have to be total idiots not to query such a large cheque.

[QUOTE=lissener]

[ol][li]How would you like your change?[/ol][/li][/QUOTE]

With a single $998,325 bill, of course.

Judge? Jury??? This idiotic fiasco has soaked up far too many of our public resources already. Cops had to spend the time arresting, booking, photographing, etc. this jackass that they could have spent doing ANYTHING else. I rather have them protecting my local Dunkin Donuts than bothering with this person. She’s a buffoon who is no threat whatsoever to society, at least, this particular action was no threat.

The very idea that the DA, judges, juries are going to waste their time with her makes me just a little bit ill.

I’d like to give a shout out to the crackerjack Walmart manager who couldn’t handle this mental midget by himself. It’s easy… “Get out of my store.” Then, you don’t need the police arresting someone on your property, scaring off customers. Instead, he calls the cops, who are probably forced to arrest her because there was a complaint, and starts up this whole mess.

What they really needed was to have detective Don Brodka from Try-N-Save on the case. That’s right, Don Brodka.

Well, isn´t that the whole morality of this thread?, that there is stupid people out there? :smiley:

My first thoughts after I heard about this story was that the wife of a high level Nigerian Government official had finally paid her investors.

Don’t you all wish you had gotten in when you got the chance?

Ironically (at least to someone who thinks the Statue of Liberty should have been a give-away), the US’s 1 oz platinum coin (not cheap!) features an engraving of the statue of liberty on the front.

From the OP’s cite,

There was no listing for her phone number in directory assistance, and she could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Yeah well no shit. I think Alice is an Alex. And “Regina” is just a bad bad joke.

All I wanna know is, did she buy a fur coat? A K car? A green dress?

At Wal-Mart?

A Picasso or a Garfunkel?

Nuh uh! She had TWO MORE MILLION DOLLAR BILLS in her purse!

Believe it or not, this is a vey common scam. It can also be accomplished by slicing about 1" off of the end of some $10 and $1 bills, then attaching the small part of the $10 to the large part of the $1. Slip a couple of those bill into a stack of tens, and most clerks won’t catch on. You can spend the damaged (but genuine) tens separately, and they will be honored as long as they are 75% intact. This works equally well with $20s and $2s.

When I clicked on the link in the OP, I saw her picture and, underneath, there is another link for ‘slideshow’ option of viewing the pictures. I read it is ‘sideshow’.

In retrospect, I wasn’t far off.

I suspect that’s a hoax, if only because it’s so similar to the plot of the pilot episode of Family Guy.

Either that, or this is where the writers got the idea.

It’s actually pretty easy. I could fill up a basket or two for that amount in, say, half an hour in the dead of night. Give me an hour and a half on Saturday afternoon, when Bubba and Mary Sue and all their kids (his, hers, and theirs) are out for a fun afternoon of shopping. WalMart sells (or sold, back when I actually went to those stores) quite a few small appliances. A couple of sewing machines, some sets of cookware, a few guns, and some of those nosehair trimmers…pretty soon those items add up.

Not a real fur coat. That’s cruel!

You know, she looks a lot like Jose Canseco…

You know … you’re right.

Here’s Alice [URL=http://www.canseconet.com/]Regina Pike.Here’s Jose Canseco.
Give her a tan and get rid of the mullet, and we’ve got a match.

Oops!

HERE is Alice Regina Pike

And here’s his brother, Jose. :wink:

Nah, a busy bar or nightclub. Dark, easy to pass multiple fake 20’s without anyone noticing because the bar staff is just too damn busy working in poor light to spot anything but the most obvious counterfeit. Buy a beer, pass a twenty and just ask for 15 or 10 in change (price of beer dependent). The bartender will probably thank you for the tip. Take beer and sip a little and leave it some place. Rinse and repeat. A decent nightclub may have two or three bars and you could rotate among them. You could probably pass a couple hundred a night or so by rotating (though that would be pushing your luck and burn you at that bar).

We caught one guy once doing just that. Our local off duty cops (parking lot and exterior security) held him in the back of one of their cruisers. Two Secret Service agents got up at 1AM, drove 20mi from Richmond, VA down to the bar, and took him away.

I’d not ever mess with the Secret Service. They’re pretty serious folks.

Regards,
-Bouncer-