I'm seeing, but I don't belive!

David B. said

I remember a particularly classic “discussion” with a couple of Catholic creationists (before the Pope made clear that evolution was ok – tho I’m not sure even that changed their “minds”).
ENDQUOTE

I belong to a couple of Catholic mailing lists, and a month or so ago on one of them I was having a “discussion” with a Catholic creationist, to whom the Pope’s statement (“Evolution is more than just a theory”) made not the slightest bit of difference.

Actually, the debate dropped into absurdity when he said that he believed in creationism because the early Church Fathers believed in it. I replied that they also believed in Ptolomy’s theory that the sun rotated around the earth, and surely he did not believe in that also. He got all sorts of huffy, and said “of course I do”. So, believe it or not, there are people out there who reject the heliocentric solar system.

As Schiller said, “Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain.”

Hmmm. Maybe we should check to see what Jedi’s views are with regard to whether the sun revolves around the earth…

And then there’s the Flat Earth Society…

I think this “debate” belongs in the BBQ Pit.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

Jab…you’re just saying that because Dr. Fidelius is not arguing with you in it! :wink:

Touche.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

Well, I have nothing to say but,

It is by the fortune of God that, in this country, we have three benefits: freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and the wisdom never to use either.
Mark Twain

About that missing link:

One day, there was an awful smell emanating from somewhere in the living room. We couldn’t figure out what it was. Then I remembered something. You see, a few days earlier, my father had been complaining bitterly that he had four pieces of sausage on his plate when he answered the phone, but now there were only three, and could we please explain where the other one went? Well, anyway, we moved the couch, and there it was. The missing link. Apparently, the cat had swiped it, hidden it, then forgotten about it. We threw it away. Now you know.

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!

Here is why I feel oppressed. At 4:19 PM on the 27th, the QUESTIONS FOR THE EVOLUTIONIST thread appeared. I replied at 4:49. Then Jedi-troll puts this stupid thing up at 5:13, claiming no has replied to him except to fling insults. Unless it took 24 minutes for him to compose the OP, he’s a liar as well as a troll.

Here is why creationists should feel oppressed: next time a sincere creationist comes around this joint, asking for real answers to honest questions, they’ll be labelled a troll out of hand. I do believe there are creation science people who are willing to learn (haven’t run into any in a while), so I am starting to feel oppressed on there behalf. Jedi is doing everyone who doesn’t believe in evolution, and/or who is curious about evolution, a disservice, while he mildly annoys people who do believe in evolution.

In short, Jedi has done the entire human race a disservice. Not a big one though.

Nothing I write about any person or group should be applied to a larger group.

• Boris Badenov

I beg to disagree, Boris.
In his post, QUESTIONS FOR EVOLUTIONISTS, Jedi-666 asked “Can something come from nothing?” or words to that effect.
Since a post came from him and there is obviousily nothing in his head, I think he has answered the question affirmatively.
We can now answer his Question 14 with a resounding “Yes!”

Maybe this was answered in the other thread, but isn’t it the popular belief by creationists that God created the universe out of nothing?

Boy, if nothing else, Jedi-667 sure makes us question the sanity of some members of the human race.

“Vyvyan! Where did you get that Howitzer?” “…I found it.”

The Legend Of PigeonMan - updates every Wed & Sat