I'm. So. Tired. Of this.

Oh my! I posted here last Friday, and forgot to check up after the weekend, so I didn’t see your response, Atreyu.

You too, Bumbazine? Dang, that sucks.

Hell yeah, I’m in! When shall it be?

Like Bumbazine, any get-together will have to be after the week of Memorial Day for me.

To update my situation…

Earlier in the thread I stated that I was going to be more aggressive following up on the applications and resumes that I’ve sent out. So far the new strategy has already yielded one result. A hospital in Coon Rapids, Minnesota called me back…I had a preliminary interview with the audiologist there, and they’re definitely looking for someone with a strong pediatric background. Fortunately, pediatric audiology is my primary area of interest. I was told towards the end of the phone conversation that she will definitely be contacting my references, and will let me know later if they want me to fly out there for an in-person interview.

Coon Rapids, huh? You should drop me an email when you move here. :slight_smile:

I have nothing really useful to add, being another Portland unemployee.

But I wanted to say hi anyhow. And say ‘yeah i sucks’.

And mention that I like drinking too. I can help drown atryeu’s sorrows. I’m game for a puddledope!!

-sic

ohmygod.

IT sucks. IT. not I.

:smiley:

:cool:

Best laugh I’ve had all week.

Holy shit, smashie! You too? What is it with all the Portland Dopers losing their jobs? Maybe I should be worried…

But then, I wouldn’t mind too much if they laid me off here. The only reason I’m still here is that it’s so damn easy that I get to sit around and play on the SDMB all day. Oh well…

So who’s gonna organize this thing?

“Not it!”

Hey, calm down. IT does not suck. I’ve been working in Information Technology for 15 years and its does not suck.

And with that said, I walk off, to the confusion of the people who think I’m being serious.

Yeah, me too. I actually hold the dubious honor of being laid off twofold - I got laid off by OHSU last year, but I’m still under IP, so I took the bartending gig until I could go back to work (this fall, but that’s ionly IF i find a job) - and I get laid off from A BARTENDING job ferchrissakes.

ahwell.

So, ** Atreyu **, after Mem day, should we all try a portland dope? I noticed a few new PDXers around. - what do you think?

Ferrous?
Et al?

-sic

Wooo Hoooo!!! For a minute there I thought I was the only one here with that problem! :cool:

Over a year, though? :eek: My sympathies, Criticalsigh