I'm starting my own country

If the song really sucks, will you send the composer my way?

I thought we’d all kind of handle that one.

Oooooh, give me something! Please! I’m not sure what yet, but I want to be in charge of something too!

Can I be vice-president…er…vice roy… ya know, the second guy in charge? I can be virtually free of ethical consideration, so I would be the perfect man to take care of your evil doings, should you have them. What I’m envisioning is a Darth Vader-like position of keeping the locals in line and enforcing your rule.

My other skills, should they be needed, include recitation of mostly useless information, plotting, and turning various 'n sundry forms of food into various 'n sundry forms of waste products.

I don’t do windows.

The Ministry of Networks, Wireless Communications, And Little Gadgets With Blinking Blue Lights. Oh, And Big-Screen TVs And DVD Players. Heck, Why Not The Whole Video And Filmmaking Infrastructure While We’re At It?, as its first official act, announces a name change. From now on, it will be known as the Ministry of Mass Distraction.

Sincerely,
Sunspace
Minister for Mass Distraction

I want to be Chief or Head or whatever-you-call-it of Looking at People Funny Over the Top of My Large Tome. It’s one of my few skills, so I could start right away.

Or would I rather be part of the secret police force? So hard to decide.

Nuts. All the good ones are taken.
I’ll be Secretary of Toys, Games and all things Magic.

Unofficially I’d like to hold the post of Head Researcher of Multiple Orgasms for Guys. :eek: <— Orgasm smiley

Can I be a sherriff? I can arrest Loki before he kills Balder the Beautiful. I mean, Loki’s already got a long rap sheet and since I’ve already read the book and know how the story ends I can ward it off by throwing Loki in the slammer for a little while. You Nordic gods will have a few more years to play if you just elect me sherriff.

Arrest Jormungand too while you’re at it. I’ve never liked the look of him.

Since I’ve been approved as Court Jester I better add a qualifier. The first time I hear “Dance for me Monkey Boy” I shall immediately resign.

Oh, and I’m still waiting for confirmation to this post. odinoneeye? :dubious:

You do know that Loki is Odin’s blood brother, right? While Balder is just a wimpy Kvitekrist-lookalike. If any norse god is on the verge of starting a boy band, it would be Balder. Killing is too good for him, I say.

Shouldn’t that be Minister of War? Or chief dog catcher?

I want to be Chief Crone. I’ll mutter obscure prophecies and cackle evilly (I may have to practise my cackle a bit). I can quote parts of Havamal and various sagas imperfeclty, impress the culturally challenged with half-rembered bits of norse mythology, and help SandyHook when his/her job gets too hectic.

*muttermutter “minister” HAH! “secretary” HAH! In my time we didn’t have these wimpy newfangled titles muttermuttergrumblegrumble just you wait till (umwhatwasthenameofthatdragon,Nidsomething) comes to eat you all! *

• cacklecacklecackle *

I used to work for the HRP ambassador! I’m serious.

But I can take care of Homeland Perversity with lots of pomp and circumstance. I can come up with all sorts of new legislation like the Pervert Act so we can feel boobies/have our boobies felt at all the airports and… oh, wait…

But I could still give it panache! Yeah, Homeland Perversity with panache! I’ll legislate panache. We’ll all have to be panacheful pervs, it’ll be fabulous! It will involve bright colours, confetti, body glitter, a disco/club extended remix of our national anthem O Asgard… aw, c’mon…
sulks

I would’ve made a good Director of Homeland Perversity.

Actually, while Loki is one of the Aesir, it isn’t by blood, but by adoption. He’s a Jotun by birth, being born to Farbauti and Laufey, two giants.

Consider it done then. I’ll handle Allfader.

I wish to be head of the Thought Police.
Do you hear me?
I will be head of the Thought Police.
Or else…
I know you want me to be.
And I will be above prosecution.Deal?
And since this is a separate country, surely all ideas posted in this thread will be subject to its laws and rules. Yay! Go rape! Go murder! Go pillage! They can’t touch you for it!

Well, since all the Aesir were pretty much war gods…

I’ll take dog catcher. I like dogs… except for that Garm cur. Never liked the looks of him.

Howz about a Director of Communicatios with The Rest Of The World? I spel reel good, and know howz to use a fax, telefone, and address an envelope. Most of the time, at least.

I think it’s spelled facks

Your position has just been overthrown. I am now your only link to the real world
(10 cents for the first ten minutes of real world contact 5 cents for each additional minute)