Imagine no teabaggers

Well, I think it likely that losing the Teabaggers would be less damaging to America’s gene-pool, by objective, quantifiable, nonpartisan measures. Completely non-provable WAG, of course. (And really there are no perfectly “nonpartisan” value-free measures of what hereditary characteristics are eugenic or dysgenic, that always implies a value judgment of some kind, but that’s another debate . . .)

Uh . . . do you actually have some kind of rational reason to make this statement? I mean, is it actually based on anything factual?

I don’t equate ‘teabaggers’ with Nazis, though obviously you do. To answer your silly question, I’d probably have no more to do with them if they were Nazis than I would if they were Commies. As they are neither, and as they seem to be at least a marginal political force in the US, I’d say that at least trying to reason with them would get you further than simply and childishly wishing they were dead. If nothing else, then having them alive to say stupid shit and to discredit them should have some appeal.

It’s ironic that they say similar things about Liberals, no? And in similar over the top ways too. Well…it’s ironic to ME, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

-XT

This thread is kind of dumb, but…

This. Pretty big false equivalency there.

But I love the teabaggers. Their long term effect on the GOP is gonna be a good one…for us liberals. Maybe even short term too. Keep them alive.

It came from “The Facts”. What more do you need?

Classic right wing garbage. “Oh, they say the same thing about you too” doesn’t make them correct. But that’s what defenders of the Right always do when someone calls them on their stupidity and evil; they claim a false equality with them and their opponents.

“Kind of”?!

No. So does the Klan.

Well, you know how us right wingers are, ehe?

I know what you mean. They also start threads concerning their deep fantasies about death to their political opponents, and then other chime in for the circle jerk to demonize their opponents and toss around Godwin-esque statements and…

…Oh…wait!

-XT

You are defending the Right regardless of your own position.

No, they actually brandish guns or outright try to kill their opponents.

Not sure what a Kave Bear Kult has to do with anything but…no? What was the ‘no’ referring to there? That it’s not ironic at all that liberals and conservatives love to bash each other in ridiculous ways? Well, irony is in the eyes of the beholder, I suppose. Or was the ‘no’ saying that conservatives don’t do those sorts of things? Or did the ‘no’ mean something else? Just curious.

-XT

Well, I’m certainly not going to be on YOUR side in this sort of discussion! :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously? I didn’t know left wingers would even touch guns…

-XT

I didn’ty say conservatives were racist, I said teabaggers are. They are an extremist hysterical subset of conservatives. I would cite a liberal equivalent, but there isn’t one at the moment.

Even the non-white ones?

Yes. All four of them.

You know quite well I was talking about the teabag scum and their violent propensities.

Certainly I do…it was you posting, after all. :wink: I was just riffing off of the literal reading of your post, since it seemed amusing, to me at least. That said, however, I haven’t seen much more ACTUAL violence out of ‘teabaggers’ than I saw out of leftwing loony types during the Bush administration…just similar verbal attacks and venom. To me it’s all about oxing gores, and I find it infinitely amusing that the lefties get their panties in a bunch when the right wing comes out with what seems to me to be a mirror image of what they put Bush through (granted, with more reason) during his presidency. Whether the ‘teabaggers’ will be able to expand their fire and brimstone to appeal to a larger audience is questionable (since, to my biased mind at least, they have a lot less reason to actually be pissed at Obama than the left wingers did against Bush), but time will tell I guess.

In the mean time I have to admit that I’m enjoying the show!

-XT

You didn’t see war protesters saying Bush wasn’t really American, carrying ominously threatening signs, bringing guns to his appearances, threatening to kill his children or openly screaming racist and homophobic profanity at US Congressmen.

No, I saw them calling him a Nazi, as well as all the other LEFT wing push buttons. Different strokes for different folks, but it all equates to the same thing.

-XT

Oh, come on…

Now, look, I’m about as left-leaning as is possible without turning into an extremist, but let’s be honest here: There were PLENTY of signs with pictures of Bush with bullet holes in his head, Bush with nooses around his neck, and all that type of thing in the recent past. Hell, there was even a movie about him getting assassinated!

The Tea Partiers and right-wing fringe groups are stupid pieces of shit…but so are the left-wing fringe. Let’s be honest and admit that, huh?