IMDb moments, or "Holy Crap - Ardra was Michelle from Magnum PI!"

Inspired by me finding out that the actress that played Ardra in the TNG episode “Devil’s Due” was also Michelle Hue in Magnum PI…

What have been some of your watershed moments revealed by searching the actor’s history on the IMDb?

Another one that comes to mind for me was finding out that the 13 year-old daughter of Carmine Depesto from Animal House was also Danny’s Irish girlfriend in Caddyshack - two movies I’d seen several dozen times each without ever noticing that was the same actress.

On Alias, Jennifer Garner’s character’s dad’s actor (got that?) played Jesus in Godspell.

Cheryl Ladd was the voice of Melody on the original cartoon Josie and the Pussy cats
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001440/

I was watching Night of the Creeps the other night and knew I recognized the guy who played Brad. Turned out to be Allen Kayser, who also played the hot redneck Bubba on Mama’s Family.

The child actress who played Mary Two, the “cub” who stole Jessica’s bracelet in Logan’s Run was also the girl in Airplane! who takes her coffee black, “like my men.”

Two Law & Order types (Mariska Hargitay and Carey Lowell) were both in Leaving Las Vegas. The former was a hooker and the latter the bank teller.

Finding my grandfather listed was pretty damn cool.

He was a stunt man during the 30’s and 40’s, a time when stuntfolk were far from a priority to be included in the credits.

Although not listed on the IMDB, there is a scene in The Adventures of Robin Hood (with Errol Flynn), where he has a full face-shot, a moment when he fills the frame as he (a castle gaurd) is “shot” in the chest with an arrow. He also was the “Robin Hood” who actually cut the rope of the castle gate and let it pull him up over the wall. Errol just jumped off of a soap-box for the close-up.

The good folks at IMDB say that they’ll upload a picture of him for me at no charge. I just have to find a good one the next time I’m home for a visit.

I never met him. He passed away before I was born.

I only recently found out that Kim Richards, of “Escape to Witch Mountain” fame, is the aunt of Paris and Nicky Hilton.

Vincent D’Onofrio, from Law & Order: Criminal Intent, was Pvt. Pyle from Full Metal Jacket?!?!? :eek:

Yeah, that one came as a bit of a shock to me.

Princess Buttercup was Jenny from Forrest Gump. The actress, I mean. She played both parts.

Jeff Goldblum was in Deathwish? And an episode of Laverne and Shirley?

Holy crap, that’s Kiefer Sutherland in Stand By Me. Hide the hacksaw!

All time biggest WTF moment that the IMDB has given me to date:

Samuel L. Jackson was the stand-in for Bill Cosby on The Cosby Show :eek:

That guy from T.J. Hooker was also on 1960’s Starship Enterprise. Holy cow!

I just saw Raiders of the Lost Arc again, and when Indie swims over to the sub one of the pirates points him out. At that point I said, “Holy shit, it’s Chocolate Mousse!” I just confrimed it on IMBD, who remembers where Chocolate Mousse is from?

Top Secret

He was also in Titanic. I happened to run across Godspell a couple of years ago on Bravo, couldn’t figure out who Jesus was, and had to run and check IMDB during a commercial.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
That is one of my favorite stunts of all time! Because you know they did it without a net, or a mattress under him, or nothing! That was your grampa getting yanked to the top of the wall? That is so cool! You’re, like, famous or something!

We already had a small thread on this, but the Janitor on Scrubs was always screwing with people by pretending to be these not very believable characters. J.D. watches the Harrison Ford movie The Fugitive on TV and in the subway scene where a cop get shot, the cop looks alot like the Janitor. JD thinks the Janitor is a frustrated actor forced into his current job.

The plot goes on from there. But the funny thing was- the actor playing the Janitor actually was in The Fugitive in that role.

Saw Blast From the Past on TBS last night and recognized Alicia Silverstone’s ex-boyfriend as the actor who went on to play Captain Malcolm Reynolds on Firefly, of which I’ll be presently getting the DVD set.

Vincent D’Onofrio also played Dawson/Thor in Adventures In Babysitting. That was my “No Way!!” moment last week.

Even before IMDB, I couldn’t believe Christopher Guest played both Count Drogan from Princess Bride and Nigel from Spinal Tap.

There are a couple of Holy Crap moments I can think of offhand:
Discovering that the guest villain on an episode of Charmed is Andrew Vosloo, High Priest Imhotep from the Mummy movies.
Somehow realizing that Sebastian Rouché, who played a businessman subject to fits of rage on an episode of Law and Order, also played a heavy metal artist accused of rape on another episode.