Imelda Marcos and you! Shoes

I guess this doesn’t count since I only have 12 per season, but I use a 4-shelf wire unit in the mudroom. The off-season ones hang in a shoe bag in the coat closet. I use dryer sheets in each shoe to keep them fresh.

One pair.

I only ever have one pair at a time.

I have under-the-bed storage bags like these, but with shoe-sized compartments inside. I store out-of-season and really dressy shoes I don’t wear that often in those.

For stuff in season that I use often, I have one of these hanging in my closet.

I lost count years ago. DH just refers to the guest room as “Mount Shoe.”

What are they like?

Usually some kind of sneakers. Right now I’ve got these black loafer things with rubber soles. Kind of a sneaker/loafer hybrid.

I’ve just never cared much about shoes, so if I’ve got a pair, I figure I’m good.

Come to think of it, I believe I do have a pair of dress shoes somewhere that my wife forces me to wear if I have to dress up for something. That’s pretty rare, though.

First Jodie Foster, now this. Story of my life :smiley:

oooh - i like that idea!

I used to have just a few pairs:

2 black (flat & heel)
1 brown
1 burgundy
1 sneaker
1 pair of utilitarian boots

But then I discovered how much I love heels (now that I’m no longer married to a man 3" shorter than me)

For a while, I tried to maintain only what would fit on my shoe rack. Then I went to those clear shoe boxes, but Walmart only had like 11 that day . . .

So now I’m debating how to store them. I’ve got some of my more special pairs that I only wear once in a while in the clear boxes, but the ones I tend to wear more are either in this wicker laundry basket in my closet or are scattered around my boyfriend’s apartment . . .

I do try to be good and purge shoes that I have bought and now don’t wear for whatever reason. In my quest to find cute but practical black shoes, I once purged out 6 pairs . . .

double post

Oh God-too many.

3 vaguely athletic-Converse high tops, hiking boots, gym shoes(sneakers, trainers).
5 flat sandals- Havaianas, walking sandals, black leather dress sandals, brown leather dress sandals
Too many flat ballerinas- brown suede, black leather, silver, gold, tan, green, red
Too many black high heels-patent, suede, open toe, ankle strap, wedge heel
Other high heels- silver, gold, brown, tan, various heel heights
Boots-black, brown, flat, heeled, snow boots

I have a problem.

In light of this thread, I counted yesterday. I have thirteen pairs of shoes. Four are sneakers (two pairs of athletic shoes, two pairs of Chucks), a couple are boots to wear in the snow (one pair black, one brown), and the rest are either pretty sandals or office shoes that I hardly ever wear and are a remnant of my old life as a cubicle monkey/person who actually occasionally went out to nice places.

Male, 5

Everyday use
Summer sandals
Special events #1
Special events #2
Water shoes

Female. 67 pairs. I had 85 at the begining of the summer and purged any shoes that were too big/small, broken etc. At one point I was all the way down to 59. Bought two pairs of boots and two pairs of heels this week alone. I need help. They should have meetings for this addiction. But shoes are my proof that God loves me and wants me to be happy! Shoes will never break my heart. They may break my ankles, but never my heart.

Female- about 15 pairs, including hiking sandals, hiking boots and two pairs of sneakers.
My mother- over 300. Probably more like 600. That’s minus the ones destroyed when our basement flooded. (I was out of the country and have no numbers) and the 55 pairs we’ve taken to charity so far.

In other words, I have a compulsive shopper/hoarder in the family and fight hard against this. 15 pairs is getting dangerously out of hand for me.

A friend built me a shoe rack that holds 40 pairs that lives in the spare bedroom. About 60 pairs fit in my current season closet, another 60 or so go in my out of season closet and the rest are in our storage room or front hall closet.

Less than 10. I’m a dude.

I just counted:
1 pair black dress shoes (flats)
1 pair daily-wear sneakers
1 pair running shoes
1 pair fantastic, all-leather, goretex-lined hiking boots
3 pairs of sandals
1 pair of weird brown shoes I have so I can wear khakis to work
1 pair busted-up cheap velcro shoes, good for bicycling

Personally I think I have too many shoes.

The ones I wear regularly:

Two pairs of business heels - 1 black, 1 brown.
One pair of black loafers
Two pairs of sneakers
One pair of strappy sandals
One pair of heeled ankle boots
One pair of flat ankle boots
One pair of regular flat sandals

Under the novelty/costume/old-and-busted-but-still-clinging-to category are:

One pair second-hand combat boots
One pair knee-high gothy boots with many buckles
One pair red sequinned pumps
A bunch of ballet flats that are cute but I rarely wear because I can’t stand not wearing socks with closed shoes

I’d love to have more shoes, but the budget doesn’t really stretch at the moment and wardrobe overhauls elsewhere are a higher priority. It’s been my experience that as a standard issue woman, I don’t have that many shoes, but the men in my life are boggled by the number all the same.

A lot more than I thought I did.
My work is very casual place. So I wear running shoes or hiking boots there. Also used for walking the dogs. Light hikes.
3 pair
I keep old shoes and boots for working on the house remodeling, painting, running the tractor ect.
3 pair. Beat up running shoes, hikers and work boots.
Deeper snow boots for plowing and winter storm warnings (sometimes worn to work)
2 pair. On pair are bunny boots that I would not wear to work.
Dress shoes that have to be dusted off any time I need them.
3 pair. Need to get rid of one pair that just are not me.
Sandles, tevas, that sort of thing for the odd day in summer that I would wear them. Or vacations.
Again, 3 pair.
Snowshoes and x-country ski boots.
Fins :slight_smile:

It’s all pretty much strictly utilitarian. Except for dress shoes, which I grudgingly accept.