Immolating man at Trump trial: what do his pamphlets say?

Wonder why it made a big noise.
The CNN reporter nearly lost her crap. She screamed “active shooter”

Well, to be fair, the US does get a lot more active shooters than self-immolaters…

I saw her on video. I thought she was pretty impressive, giving rapid reporting of a fast evolving situation. It must have been hectic and confusing, and people around her are sometimes smacked slackjaw dumb by unfolding events, but she pretty quickly corrected course from the “shooter” bit and got on top of it all. No way I could have done that!

And from what I made myself read, no antivax depopulation conspiracy stuff and zero about the WEF or Bill Gates. Amazing.

He does connect a lot of dots - the Clintons, Kitty Dukakis, Sam Bankman-Fried, Jeffrey Epstein, the Simpsons…

Is cryptocurrency becoming the new Federal Reserve for conspiracy-shouters?

Indeed. Should he survive, his injuries will be brutal, and the recovery and rehab even more brutal. I hope he thinks it was worth it (even tho we all know it was not - this act will not change a damn thing).

Right — first possibility to think of these days in a sudden burst of violence in a US crowd is “shooter” (yeah, what does this say about us)

I mean really, these are pros, I would have just dropped a “Holy FUCK, dude’s on FIRE!”

Saw picture of one of the pamphlets on the ground — headlined “The True History of the World (Haunted Carnival Edition)”.

I’m glad I’m not on the hazmat team cleaning up there. The combination of a fire extinguisher, propellant and burnt flesh would be so bad. I admire people who can perform tasks like that.

Having a crippled mind doesn’t make the crippled body less bad. It’s just another horrible condition at the same time.

“Symptoms of schizophrenia are so diverse, that I would almost say that the only thing my patients all have in common is how much they hate the condition. Except I have one patient who enjoys it”

All those people around the man. Their first thought was to pull out their phones and take pictures. I think I only saw one person in civilian clothes even try to come to the man’s aid with a jacket to smother the fire. Those spectators are as screwed up as the man who lit himself on fire. Our society is fucked.

Doesn’t anything involving a banking conspiracy and Hollywood pretty much make it a Jewish plot?

So maybe it is Jewish-ish.

I dunno. Putting myself at risk saving some fool who set himself afire is probably not something I would be inclined to do.

And I’m certainly not going to judge someone else for their inaction in such a circumstance.

mmm

ETA: (although I get the point about the cell phone people)

I was going to say, bankers and Hollywood but no Jews? Do you even conspiracy, bro?

I really hope he’s not a Juggalo.

Would you know how to put out a blazing human being?

Do you have the required tools and equipment - even improvised ones?

How do you know they were taking pictures - could they have been calling 911?

Not to mention seeing a person burning like that is pretty damn shocking - maybe it was, in fact, shock?

Witnesses report the heat as intense, perhaps they feared being burned if they approached? (Some of the people who did put out the fire were burned and one suffered smoke inhalation).

I’m not saying they were all saints but I would not leap to the conclusion they were all evil or “screwed up”.

They were “filming”. All but one made no effort whatsoever to come to the man’s aid. None were close enough to be driven off by the heat. I would be ashamed if I had stood gawking at such a scene and made not even a token effort to come to the man’s assistance.

If you can stomach it, here is a page where you can click the video I watched:

A whole fire extinguisher was emptied by officials to put the flames out. Look at that video and tell me what you, as a civilian, would have done?

And he kept on burning until someone managed to get a second extinguisher there a couple of minutes later. I’m shocked that he wasn’t DOA after seeing that.

At least the one man used his jacket…which probably just added fuel to the fire.

I would have made the attempt. I might have been driven away by the heat, but I would have at least tried to do something. Most of those people are acting like the Eloi in The Time Machine.

Null answer. What would you have attempted to do?