Immolating man at Trump trial: what do his pamphlets say?

Minutes ago a man in the Trump supporter designated area across from the courthouse where the trail is happening set himself on fire. He threw a bunch of multicolored pamphlets into the air, doused himself with something flammable, and ignited himself.

What do the pamphlets say? Can’t find that anyplace yet.

A CNN team on the ground observed one of the flyers. It said “NYU is a mob front” and had various allegations of wrongdoings against the school.

Found a little bit on cnn.com:

“Investigators are now fanning out to collect the flyers the unknown man threw into the air, another senior law enforcement official. A CNN team on the ground observed one of the flyers. It said “NYU is a mob front” and had various allegations of wrongdoings against the school.”

So, complete nutjob that knew there would be a lot of cameras present?

No idea what the conspiracy theorists think about NYU…

If that is what it is in the pamphlets, this is likely related to recent students protests, they are demanding that New York University recognize the Palestinian casualties in the Israel-Hamas war, and to cut educational relations with Israel.

Maybe, but “mob front?” What does the Mafia have to do with the Israeli-Hamas conflict?

I found this:

@DavidNRockies found this:

This is apparently a conspiracy theory about cryptocurrency or banks or whatever taking over the world.

It has nothing to do with Trump or Hamas. It’s some weird banking conspiracy involving cryptocurrency and Hollywood and surprisingly nothing about Jews.

Mentally ill delusional ramblings from an unfortunate soul.

Apparently, if these sources check out.
Sad, if so, or in any case really.

This is looking at the probable reasons a mad man could have, IIRC there have been incidents where university leaders send the police or other “mobsters” to control the situation. Now, the level of control the university has over those is mostly in the imagination, but it is part of the “conspiracy” for guys like the self-immolation guy in the news.

That’s it. Nobody should be allowed to write a manifesto until they’ve done a complete progymnasmata

I definitely don’t claim to be the voice for Jews The World Over, but … I’m actually just a bit hurt.

ETA: On CNN, Laura Coates was doing the live feed on the Trump trial, and gave a master class in staying … steady … while a guy lights himself on fire a few yards away from you.

Thinking cryptocurrency is some kind of large-scale scam isn’t that delusional. But I might draw the line at his argument that The Simpsons was all a plot by Harvard to indoctrinate Americans into being ok with organized crime.

“Evil must be opposed”?

Damn, I had tomorrow down in the pool for when a guy will set fire to himself because everyone except Mike Dukakis is bad.

Wow. I pity the poor fool.

Don’t you mean the poor fuel?

nypd is doing a presser now. he is in very critical condition at this time, at cornell burn.

some were injured in extinguishing the flames, those are being described at minor injuries.