In England

In England, why do people drive on the left side of the road instead of the right side??

Unca Cece has answered this one already. Here ya go:

Jason R Remy

“Open mindedness is not the same thing as empty mindedness.”
– John Dewey Democracy and Education (1916)

Because it’s the law. No, no sory because they are not ‘Right Thinking Americans’. Actually I think Cecil answered this once.I think it is a carry over from horse and wagon days. Teamster drove from right seat Why? I dunno. So he had room to swing a whip? So he could use his right foot on the brake?You got your nigh side and your off side. If that is correct then the ? should be why did every one else , 'cept the japanese and indians I think, change?

" Pardon me while I have a strange interlude."-Marx (Melissa Gilbert is in the rest room right now or she would have a snappy comeback)

OH MAN JAYRON jumped in there right when I was typing. Well, I was sorta right.
I am as open minded as the next guy, no the one next to him,JAY, but I still think being simple minded is simply easier.

When in England, I noticed that people tend to keep to the left on walkways, as when driving. I kept bumping into people as I tended to keep to the right. Also, the British pleasure craft (boats) that I have seen, have the controls on the port (left) side. Ours are usually on the right (starboard). The Japanese tourests in Hawaii also keep to their left. Now, in Venice…

Zymurgist