In Praise of Pooches (Fun Dog Trivia)

Our Yorkie really dislikes my English pipes.

My dog doesn’t react very much to TV or the radio. But he does look appropriately mellow when I play Wish You Were Here.

Perhaps I can teach him Scotland the Brave?

Dixie caught a lizard yesterday. Messed him up a little bit, but I rescued him before she could give him the Full Cadillac Treatment. I put him on a rock and he scurried off after a few minutes of recovery.

He’s lucky. All five of them were gunning for him (I had assumed they had a mouse in their sites, or I would have shut them down). Doxie and Ted would have done him in, without a doubt, had they found him first.

Bumped.

Get out your pen!

“Help! Help!
Help help help!
Love Grammy.
Food.”

• Grady

We buy special ice cream for our dogs. Often there is more dog ice cream than people ice cream in the freezer.

It’s very cute really. Our one dog, ‘Lani’ will pick up the small container and go to her dog bed. “Don’t bother me, I’m busy”.

My dog brings me treats. If I give him a snack, he scarfs it right down. If my wife gives him a snack, he brings it to me first, and won’t eat it until I’ve picked it up and given it back to him.

You can stop a dog from reverse sneezing by holding their nostrils closed for a couple of seconds.

That should be fun. Thanks for the tip; I’ll keep y’all posted.

What does it taste like?

#11, about dogs names is so correct. My previous dachshund was Nathan, named for the hotdogs, like to play at the park with a dog named Tyson. But Tyson wasn;t named for the chickens, he was named for the boxer Mike Tyson, because he would chew on his littermates ears.

I’m guessing Cat Poop.

I just can’t go there. I think some of it is called Bacon Peanut Butter.

They like it though.

I couldn’t NOT go there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Your dog might look at you reproachfully.

Interesting username combo with double negative.

Reading again, I understand what you mean Dung_Beetle. I have been tempted to try it.

Our German shepherd has dozens of toys, each of which we’ve given a unique name. You can tell her in a different room from where the toys are located to “find purple bear” or “find tug toy” or find “food cube” or whatever, and she’ll go hunt it down and bring it to you almost every time.

Have you seen that border collie that knows like thousands of toys? Amazing.

One of our previous dogs was super committed to my sister. I used walk him, because I knew he’d keep up. I used to tell him “Go find Pat,” and he’d put his nose to the ground and search her out.