In the Marvel films, is Steve Rogers a virgin (so far)?

This thread is about something that isn’t in the movie.

Definitely not a big leap to imagine the two of them having sex, and if he’s ever had sex with anyone I definitely think she is one of his more likely partners. I just also think it’s very possible that it didn’t actually happen with her. As he figures out she’s making eyes at him, there’s definitely an element of fear in his eyes- fear along with some other feelings, but fear is definitely there. Add to that an obligation I believe he’d feel to be a perfect gentleman. Then when we see him get molested by the secretary lady after his first combat operation, he still seems so terribly awkward and inexperienced.

So, I’m inclined to think he’s still a virgin when he’s overpowered by the secretarial tongue offensive. If he’s still a virgin at that point, then I believe he remains so for the rest of the first movie- Peggy’s making him wait, and once Peggy catches him wiping foreign saliva from the corner of his mouth I believe he’s determined not to put the Peggy relationship in jeopardy again.

Peggy Carter really is the underrated beauty of the Marvel movies. Hayley Atwell is naturally gorgeous - even without the WWII era RED lips.

I’d wait. Well, not 70 years in ice, but I’d wait.

My read on it: virgin.

This is a guy who practically begged to get pummelled every day of his adolescence just for the satisfaction of seeing the surprise on the bully’s face when he keeps. Getting. Up. For. More.

In anybody else, this might have been the behavior pattern of a moron, a masochist, a madman, or a simple attention whore. But no. This is Steve Rogers, a man with a burning passion to do the Right Thing, even if it’s physically impossible. IOW, he has an **epic **degree of moral courage.

Even before his metamorphosis, you can easily picture the guy ironing his boxers at 3 A.M. because it’s what America expects. Afterwards…extra starch. No floozy will ever stand a chance of breaking through that.

He’s saving himself for the right partner, and the right time. Which will be his wedding night.

If you know what I mean :wink:

Agreed. After the Super Soldier serum, while he would have absolutely had opportunities, between his 1940s-era views on sexuality, his chivalrous nature, his extreme Lawful Good alignment, and his crush on Peggy (which evolves into love over the course of the first film), I just don’t see him doing it before he gets married.

I was going to say that, too. And while a chaperone can be circumvented, it usually requires active cooperation between both parties to the tryst. Due to both his moral outlook and his inexperience, Rogers isn’t going to be doing his part of that.

If he had sex with anyone, it would have been with a fan who attended one of his shows. Even that, I think, is pretty iffy, though.

I don’t really see the appeal.

And my vote is, he’s still a virgin, for all the do-the-right-thing-kind-of-guy reasons mentioned above.

Then we’ll just have to agree to disagree there, partner.

I’ll be in my bunk.

I don’t think that Peggy Carter is the most beautiful woman in the Marvel films (Natasha Romanov and Maria Hill both have her beat), but I have no dispute at all with the fact that she’s beautiful.

Sorry, I should have realized my sarcasm wouldn’t have come through. I linked to that picture as a way to say, “Holy crap, how can anyone NOT see how gorgeous she is?!”

nm

That’ll show me to not read the next page.

Long before Bernie, Steve was a New York City cop and had a serious romance with Sharon Carter (Peggy Carter’s much younger sister). They were never shown “doing it,” but they did vacation together in the Caribbean and Sharon had a tiny bikini. Oh yeah, Cap definitely got some in the 70s comic books.

Well, it was the 1970s, after all. :smiley:

No question, Steve was a virgin when he went into the ice. Steve’s too smart to not be aware of the immense damage having a child out of wedlock could do to a woman’s life in the '40s, and too fundamentally decent to put a woman at that sort of risk just for a quick thrill. I don’t think he’d necessarily balk at having premarital sex with someone he fully intended to marry, but not some random USO girl or audience member.

After he’s thawed out, and becomes acclimated to modern social norms, I don’t think it’d be as big an issue for him. Still not a casual sex kind of guy, but once he starts dating 21st century women, he’ll figure out that things have changed.

Captain America does not “get laid.” And only a cad would suggest otherwise.

He addressed Black Widow as “ma’am,” so old-fashioned notions of politeness and chivalry are definitely ingrained in him. Even if he found the Widow totally hot, he’d think it rude and improper to hint at it, let alone say it.

I concur - he wouldn’t be into a one night stand back in the 1940’s or now. But he and Agent Carter certainly WOULD have had all kinds of hot superpowered sex if he had returned from the Red Skull mission though.

And there’s a deleted scene in “The Avengers” that shows he’s still having trouble with women in the present day. He’s at a coffee shop and a waitress (who he calls “Ma’am”) starts flirting with him. He lets her walk off, and Stan Lee tells him “Ask for her number, you moron.” She winds up being one of the people he saves at the end of the movie, and even appears on TV to thank Captain America.

She was the woman prominently featuredin the scene where a couple Chitauri bust into a building with a bomb, and Cap takes them out before being blown out the window, right?

Yes, that’s her. There’s a whole deleted sequence of her in the coffee shop during the invasion, escaping, and finding her way into the building where the Chitauri toss a grenade in. But all we see of her in the final movie is a brief flash when Cap saves the group, and her being interviewed on the news and thanking the Avengers.