In the Marvel films, is Steve Rogers a virgin (so far)?

Oh, come on. He didn’t think it meant sex because he knew nothing about sex, he thought it meant sex because he had never heard of fondue, and the rich guy was talking about going off with the hot chick and doing something.

Well, Sharon Carter is in the new one, so hopefully the guy can get some (implied) action by the end of the flick.

Why on earth does it matter?

This. Not just because of when he was raised (I mean, look at Bucky at the time) but because of who he is. He’s such a do-gooder, he really is saving himself for the right girl. Sweet, really.

I dunno. I mean, it’s not as if he’s some sort of Protestant Midwestern farm boy. He’s a New Yorker, a working-class kid from Brooklyn. Sexual mores were different there - even in the 1940’s. And I’m saying that as a descendant of Brooklynites.

Yeah, but going by how his personality is presented in the movies, though, he seems a little bit straightlaced. Very WASPy, even if he’s from Brooklyn. He’s clearly religious, at any rate (remember his “There’s only one God, ma’am. And I’m pretty sure He doesn’t dress like that” quip? Also note that he’s “ma’am”-ing a very hot woman in a leather bodysuit! He’s a Boy Scout.)

All my Scout friends in high school used to have *tons *of sex. Made me regret not joining.

I assure you, there are nerds, even in Brooklyn. I know personally someone who was raised there and is a virgin in his mid-thirties.

No, he yells “I am Mighty Thor!”

And she lisps “Tho am I, but it wath tho wonderful!”

But that was immediately after the scene where they were sitting by the fire while he described Asgard and the Nine Realms. She fell asleep, and he covered her with a blanket and left. Which is standard code for “He’s too noble to take advantage of the situation.”

Plus, there’s the scene where Thor regains his power and defeats the Destroyer. The kiss between Thor and Jane at the end of that scene was the standard First Kiss.

I don’t think so. I remember reading a the time that on Army bases and on USO tours when there were women around they were heavily chaperoned.

With each other?:confused:

Sex with Scoutmasters don’t count for the purposes of this exercise.
:wink:

Scouts here are co-ed.

Natalie Portman didn’t make even a brief appearance in the Avengers movie because she was extremely pregnant. Too bad they didn’t let her show up in high dudgeon, wondering if Thor had, after all, had his way with her while she was asleep. Because she hadn’t been with anybody else.

Then he would have to explain why he hadn’t even gone for a full kiss. (She did.) Because even a deep kiss from an Asgardian can have unexpected results…

From Castle:

Javier Esposito: Dude. Pancakes is not just breakfast, it’s an edible way of saying, ‘Thank you SO much for last night.’

Which just leads to crazy hijinks, e.g. Some Like It Hot

Joe: “Why would a guy want to mary a guy?”
Jerry: “Security!”

Stranger

Why does anything in comics or movies (or fiction in general) matter?

I watched it again last night. In regards to the knockout who stops him on the stairs during the song montage, it’s not a big leap to imagine those two had sex. It’s all communicated in their faces.

I would think that he is a virgin throughout the first movie. Steve is shown to be pretty unsuccessful with the ladies before he’s Super Soldier’d and he’s also fairly naïve about fondue (did they have fondue in WWII? I thought it didn’t get popular until the 60s-70s). On top of that, he has the conversation with Peggy where they’re going to go dancing later, that’s a PG movie euphemism for sex. Yes, I know the movie was PG-13, but it’s close enough for government work.