In Which Lady Gaga Shocks Thailand

Don’t you think she looks tired?

Note to self: Tell David Bowie that he’ll never make it in the long term.

It’s OK. He can hang out with the other flashes in the pan: Prince, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Queen.

I went to a Lady Gaga concert a few years ago and it was simply awesome. A 2000 seat theater and yes, she had backup singers (don’t. . . most singers?), costumes, stage effects, dancers, and publicity. . . but she also sang the ENTIRE concert with no backing track or lip dubbing, played the piano alone for about 30 minutes, and put on a generally awesome show.

She may have all the pop singer trappings, but her show stood out because she actually sang (and well, to boot) and played the piano. The spectacle of it all was great too, but I really enjoyed just her, the piano, and her voice.

Same thing happening in Poland. Must be a slow news day.

According to this story, Lady Gaga would hardly have been the raunchiest act in Indonesia.

And it’s not over yet. The Thai Culture Ministry has decided to lodge a complaint against Lady Gaga with the local police. Thais were shocked – shocked I tell you – that she “wore a traditional headdress and sat on a motorcycle in a skimpy outfit with a Thai flag trailing behind.”

Oddly enough, they’re not asking the police actually to prosecute her. But I wish they would. I would love to see them try to go to Interpol with this, heh. :smiley:

You know your countries in rough shape when your pickpockets have to fly to other countries just to find people carrying around enough stuff to make it worth their while.

Well, that depends… does she have a work visa or a green card?

You have to love these kinds of “Everybody knows this is true, but you can’t say it” outrage stories.

The Culture Ministry seemed to be okay with all those red shirts waving Thai flags while burning down central Bangkok two years ago. Must be that they weren’t skimpily dressed.