In which that_darn_cat comes out of the closet

:frowning: What Chef Troy said. Don’t. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Oh, and bagkitty? At the risk of turning this into yet another flirt thread . . . what do you suggest we do to toughen this kid up?

Let me add my name to the list, cat: Welcome to the Big World of Freaky Queers. It’s a good place to be.:slight_smile:

Indeed, welcome to the “club”. :slight_smile:

Hmmm, how about we start working on a “better to be fashionably late” Dopefest… that we he can start working on the requirements for the gas grill he is longing for :wink:

Congratulations, Cat. Nothing so liberating as being honest with yourself. And if you want to get together later and talk about that gas grill thing, let me know. You do have a trampoline, right? You’ll need one.

I guess one of the nicest things about being in a relationship and coming out would be guy-watching with your SO. That oughta be interesting…

Oh, are we making a list? Yes, the club. Welcome to it.
:smiley:

lesbianly yours,
Lunatic13

I’m so glad you’ve come to a point where you’re comfortable with yourself, without regrets. HURRAY for you! -hug- So many people struggle for so long, so hard, trying to find themselves. Congratulations and I hope things go smoothly for you.

And girl-watching… :smiley:

Though cat knew I was a card-carrying member of–how did GrandfatherTrout put it?–the Big World of Freaky Queers when he first set his sights on me. I, on the other hand, assumed he meant good-looks-and-charming-personality when he suggested we had much in common. :wink:

Wow! Parties at your place must kick ass!

But, when you stop and think about it, bisexuality does seem to be the most natural state, doesn’t it?

Good for you, darn_cat!

Ooo! Ooo! Can I sign up too?

Only if you promise not to flirt.

BWAHAHAHAHA!! I almost kept a straight face, really I did!

[sub]How I kept a straight face when I ain’t is really beyond me, but what the hell . . . [/sub]

No, not of coming out (congrats, BTW) but to be reading your first Spider Robinson (him) novel!

<hijack>
Start with the Callahan’s series - lotsa punning & some more serious topics. Go for the first few books, which are collections of short stories.

The later novels – “Lady Slings the Booze” , Callahan’s Key - get a bit darker.

Night of Power (my copy has a SUCKY cover - post-apocalyptic gang-banger types - if I didn’t know the author it would have totally turned me off!)& Mindkiller might be a bit TOO depressing for now.

</hijack>

Huzzah, huzzah. The Gay Guy welcomes you aboard, and thusly begins to sing…

“Love - exciting and new! Come aboard - we’re expecting yooooooooooooooooou…”

[sub](Really, I have no idea where that came from.)[/sub]

Esprix

Read the damn instructional manual iampunha… large mason jar and lots of formaldehyde. If you can’t find it in the index, check under the table of contents, find the chapter “Stereotypical Hollywood Villians – Gay Serial Killers”.

Well, yeah, but when I changed addresses the new manual didn’t come to my apartment . . . and beside that, I’m not gay:)

Anyway, so I was really going for this sort of pseudo-Vilanch halfway between Thelma Klumpp and Steve Urkel. Any suggestions?

iampunha I hope you realize that breaking the course of perfectly inane hijacking kinda ramble makes the baby Jesus cry.

So it’s taken my for-ever to get back to this thread. After what moi wrote about the Gewurztraminer and popcorn, betcha all thought I embarassed my drunken self. Nope.

Pulls off big cowboy hat and gives a big YEEE-HAWWW! to all the great queers on the board.

This had started out as a very sucky week for tdc, but coming back in here has put a big smile on my face.

’puna

Flirting with you was one of the best reasons to do this, come on over here honey.

bagkittyThanks fo the welcome, and also for the sparkling inanity, it helped alot.

Hmm. Tell me of this “toughening.”

Esprix Now you notice me! [pout]Do you know how many of your threads I poticed to? And you never noticed me. :frowning: [/pout] Well, neither do I. At least you have your priorities straight.

Tranquilis okay so YOU give me hope for my:

brothers. (and sisters) 'kay? :slight_smile:

There wasn’t THAT much popcorn on the floor, my SO was born with a silver hyperbole in her mouth.

Hometownboy Thanks to you for the lit recommendations, I’ve in a sort of new writer free zone lately, for no particular reason. But, I might be working in a bookstore soon, that that could change drmtically for the better.

Corvus Thanks a bunch for the welcome. I too understand the “quietly gay” thing. I’ve come out to a few close freind in IRL, those I thought could reasonably handle it. A lot more presumably know (I did sort of shoot my mouth off at a party) and are just avoiding the issue. Which is okay, since they are all conservative Christians and there are a lot issues we don’t discuss. I need a queer-er social group! Ditto on the parents.

TheMermaid So umm, what’s the third rule? blink,blink Meowweeorrw?

grendel72
Iconoclast
GrandfatherTrout
Civil Defense
Searching For Truth
The list of folks I want to thank, but don’t have anything witty to say to. Thanks, 'yall.

MrVisible Well, moi stole my line on this one.

Daowajan
Our parties have a lot of potential, unfortunately, too many of our freinds are too dern boring. Maybe someday we’ll throw a Dopefest and change all that.

Lunatic13 Danke. And also thanks for that great (1st) white elaphant package. A good time was had by all. Still haven’t done anything with the pills though. :slight_smile:

omni-not I’d like to think so. Cheers.

So this is the end of my ultra-long thank you post. If there’s anybody I misssed THANK YOU!!! If you want, point it out and I’ll grovel. I grovel good. On my knees and everything. :wink:

Oh, and as to the words queer and gay as negative adjs, yes they hurt. Even if you have nothing against us, we hear them and they make us feel bad, like there’s on more person that doesn’t like us becuase of who we are. Makes it harder to come out too.

Damn skippy. :slight_smile:

To coin a phrase… :wink:

Esprix

Hrm. That’s odd. Cos one of them was specifically a Gay Pill, and reading this thread I had just assumed…

Guess I won’t be getting my toaster then. :smiley:

Yes yes. And it’s so heartbreaking to hear someone whom you had previously thought was pretty cool say something like “That’s so gay” and not mean it in a good sense.