In which that_darn_cat comes out of the closet

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Congrats.

Welcome to the club!

Just remember, being “bi” means never walking into the wrong bar. :wink:

It warms my heart to see someone reach a decision that is so satifying, darncat! ::tossing more popcorn::: Here’s to you! :slight_smile:

Andy, I don’t believe you get the toaster oven for a bi. I’m sorry if we got your hopes up. The most you can get for one of us is a two-slice toaster or a travel iron.

I suppose if you saved up points, though…

Okay, I’m straight, so I guess I don’t HAVE a club to welcome you to, but if I did I would! (Sometimes I think "Straight " is a synonym for “Boring”!) Anyway, best of luck!

Oh, and if you’re wondering why, since I’ve “Come Out” as a Christian–well that also means I think God don’t make no mistakes. If you’re bi, I figure that’s what you’re supposed to be. Okay, I may get flamed for that!
Oh man, I hope that came out right!

God don’t make crap. :slight_smile:

Hey, thank you all for your support, bi, gay, straight, whatever, it’s appreciated.

Czarcasm LMAO! It does have it’s advantages, don’t it.

zoogirlYou give me hope for my Christian brothers and sisters, rock on.

Now, as far as that toaster oven, moi thinks she has a claim, but she already got one for…well, let’s not say who. And she’s won a toaster too…so that’s just greedy. I think it should go back into the pool, so we can keep up the recruiting. Let me know what I have to do for a gas grill. :slight_smile:

Well, about using ‘gay’ as a negative adjective, I do it. I use ‘queer’ too. But I don’t mean actually gay or homosexual, it’s just like ‘dumb’ or ‘lame’ :slight_smile:

D*mn. I’m going to have be even more obvious, if I want full credit. [sub]Grumble…[/sub]

cat, buddy, this arrow-straight, white-european descended, Born-Again Christian, totally hetero male thinks you’re pretty d*mn courageous, and is pleased to see the support you’re getting. Doubly pleased that moi is right there with you. Well done to you too, moi! [sub]He ate at least some of the popcorn, didn’t he? Or did he just throw the whole bowl up in the air like confetti?[/sub]

See, you are part of the problem.

In your own heedless way, you are supporting the idea that being gay is equivalent to being dumb or lame. If that’s what you meant to do, then shame on you. If it’s NOT what you meant to do, then don’t you think you should stop using those words that way?

Go now and sin no more.

Or as Woody Allen said, "Being bisexual doubles your chance for a date on Saturday night."
And to cat if you like Heinlein, I suspect you will like Spider Robinson (guy, married to dancer Jeanne). For one thing, he is one of Heinlein’s strongest defenders. (There are some way-too-PC folks who attack Heinlein based on the stated beliefs of *some of his characters *). Spider whonked them a big one some years back with a rousing speech at a Worldcon entitled “Rah, Rah, R.A.H.!” which he reprinted in one of his books. Hugo, Nebula & John W. Campbell award winner who is great fun, highly tolerant, insightful and life-affirming. Beware of an unfortunate tendancy to world class puns, though. You have been warned.

Spider Robinson rocks the casbah! Of course, I’m a gluton for punishment!<collective groan from audience>

By the way, zoogirl, Straight does not necessarily equal Boring. Trust me on that one … Mwahahahaha!

[lurk mode off]

For the love of Jimmy !!!

I had a much longer, much witter post written (or it may have bitten, and I’m just saying this for the ego boost), but Opera crashed and ate it all ( I’ll pretend it was the former. It’s easier on the ego that way. Oh yeah… That’s the ticket.)

Anyhoo… Congrats on coming out. I know it’s one of the hardest things you can do. I finally came out to myself two years ago, after wrestling with it all throughout high school. I’m pretty quiet about it, bu if people ask I will tell them (In other words I haven’t really told too many people, just my closet friends. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to tell my parents.)

Well, before I return to lurking, let me just say Welcome to the Club. Happy hour starts… Well actually it never really stops, come to think about it. Enjoy!

Oh, and I just want to extend my thanks to Chef Troy too. His thread help resolved my feelings quite a bit. Thanks Cheffie!

[return to lurk]

Oh, now that you’re admittedly bi, you’ll probably get lei’d a lot more.

Remarks like this just make me SO glad I decided to launch that thread. From time to time I hear from someone that it helped them, and I cherish those remarks.

Bravo!

that_darn_cat: welcome to the big old world outside of the closet. We’ll try to get you your toaster as soon as possible (bet you didn’t realize you got gifts when you came out, did ya?).

::flirts with the new guy::

Hmm . . . should I run nekkid through this thread?

iampunha… I think not, we don’t want to scare him back into the closet. Let him toughen up a little first. :wink:

The-first-rule-about-the-Gas-Grill-Club-is-we-don’t-talk-about-the-gas-grill.

Cool! Welcome to the party.