Increase Your Rizz! Use this vape/ink pen!

Hey! I thought foreign languages weren’t allowed on the Dope unless you translate them.

(Sort of reminds me of the scene in Airplane! where the elderly white female passenger has to translate jive for the stewardess)

What a crumb bum. A crumb creep lush coward.

Whoosh?

No. Just joking around about how slang of the younger generation can sound like a foreign language.

Did livvy rizz up baby gronk?

[My original quote was indeed from Airplane I, so wasn’t sure if you were deliberately ignoring that for more yuks here in this thread-which is fine-or didn’t realize it was. Carry on.]

“My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!”

:slight_smile:

Knew some people who lived there when he was in office. The ones who were wealthy and very right wing liked him ( ? ) but the ones who were not wealthy got rousted and beat up by his cops regularly hated him. The joke was the Rizzo cops had revolvers that only fired 5 shots, because when they pulled them out of the holster they were taught to shoot one round into the ground before aiming or yelling “halt” (!).

Not sure if this was just a bad joke or not; I was a just a kid and adults in their 20s were repeating this.to each other.

Yeah, that’s fascism…

Thanks to this thread, I just used “Rizz” in a sentence today.

Some young looking folks had just wandered into our work BBQ, thinking it was for their department (it was not).
They were a tad embarrassed, so I made some small talk with them just to help them not feel too bad (we’re all part of a larger organization). I mentioned I was retiring soon. They asked (as people all do), what I was planning on doing in retirement.

I paused, looked thoughtful, and replied: “I’m thinking of buffing my Rizz.”
Then nodded, and one replied “Solid.”

I smiled quietly to myself.

Could you hear the laughter outburst as they walked away or did they give you the dignity of getting out of earshot?

I understand it, but it still sounds “lame”. Did we use up all the “killer” slang before these poor children were born?

‘Fraid so. Sorry kids, you really shoulda been there. It was Boss!

(I’d go so far as to say it was real George!)

To be honest, I kinda like “glow up”, “sus”, and “cringe”. “Drip” for “outfit, fashion” sounds weird to me, though it’s interesting that "coppin’ " has emerged for “making a purchase, especially if it involved some challenge, such as winning a lottery or successfully buying from a limited inventory” (not uncommon with Air Jordans and other prestigious sneakers), since “cop” comes ultimately from the Latin word for “to capture”; "coppin’ " in the sneakerhead lexicon has some of the same connotations.

Oh, they were very kind. I imagine the gales of laughter followed though.

I tried using “drip” with some younger relatives, and the howls of laughter were immediate.

I’ve since written them out of the will. :slight_smile:

Are we just trying to make “drip” happen?

Fuck if I know. I thought it meant stylish and I was showing off some shoes I thought would be called stylish (the same Pumas I’ve been wearing for over 30 years and I now see young people wearing). Fuck’em all! No inheritance for you!

soup nazi gif goes here

I certainly hope not, given what it usually means when I hear it (Link is to the Virginia Department of Health web site).

Oh wow. I didn’t even recognize it. It’s been a long time since I watched Airplane. I figured it was some modern day slang and just breezed over it knowing I wouldn’t understand it anyway.

Are you the message board po-po? Stop dissin him blood.