Indiana Jones 5 in 2019

This. Then it would fit in with the show on TV. I was trying to think of how many people have played Indiana Jones now. River Phoenix and Harrison Ford, and the three guys on TV, old Indy, young Indy, and kid Indy. That’s five in all.

This.

Yes, we see an aged Indy, now living in a retirement home, alone, with no one coming to visit, suddenly get drawn into one last adventure. Something like Bubba Ho-Tep. Except in this case, it’s all a dementia-fueled fantasy. At the end of the adventure, he goes off happily into a bright future, but we pull back and see him dead in his hospital bed.

And

The studio is currently in the middle of a massive search (supposedly 2500 actors either met with a casting director or had a video audition) for a young actor to play a young Han Solo, so all they need to do is go through the same list to look for the younger Indiana.

Just saw it last night with my 13 year old son. It was better this time for me (I saw it once before), because I saw it through his eyes, and he thought it was great. The diner then motor-cycle chase was great, and I thought that Ford did a great job for the most part. But there were plenty of weak spots (throwing a snake at him to grab to pull him out??), and Shia La-what’s-his-name was awful. The two times he tried to really “act” (looking at the walls in the sanitarium, and when meeting Oxley), were a horrible - like, they gave him some eye drops to make tears well up, then said “Pour it on, son!”

Also, the back and forth between Indy and Marion was just a smidge much.

We liked the motorcycle chase scene primarily (or only?) because it was filmed in New Haven. Really didn’t like Shia LaBeouf as a greaser. He really didn’t fit the part. (I wonder if the idea was for him to inherit the film series? If so, it was a terrible idea, as he doesn’t have the charisma for the part. Plus he’s nuts.)

“Aches. Why’d it have to be aches?”

The only jungle chase I remember was the horrendous CGI monkey army.

Admittedly, I only saw the movie once, in the theater, since it didn’t inspire me to watch it a second time so I’m probably forgetting stuff.

I will have to post a link to a classic SDMB thread:
Indiana Jones and the Comfortable Chair.

:smiley:

Outside of probably making money (and that’s what Hollywood is all about), I can’t see one damn reason for making #5. The first one was an all-time classic, the second one disappointed (I rather liked it, myself) and the third was a great end of a trilogy. Number four was one to many and five…that reminds me of the poster in the background of the movie “Airplane” advertising “ROCKY XXIII”, using a 90-yo man in the poster…

But it will make money, so I guess we’ll have it.

Indiana Jones and the Search for the Last Tube of Ben Gay

Indiana Jones meets Bubba Ho-Tep.

Chris Pratt will have aged out of a role a 76 year old is still playing?

True.

Of course, other than making money, there wasn’t one damn reason to make The Force Awakens, and I enjoyed that one.

Fixed your quote as you requested.

No reason other than redeeming the franchise after all the special editioning of the original trilogy and then having the prequels foisted upon us, you mean?

I should have made this more clear since I’m getting a few reports claiming I broke the “don’t modify quote boxes” rule.

I didn’t mean “fixed your quote” to mean I fixed Superdude’s quote itself, in my reply. His post still reads the same in my quote box. I meant I fixed the quote box in his post, where he quotes another poster (the tagging of it was messed up).

The point of recasting would be to go back to the 1930s and play younger. By the time they get to making that movie it will be 2022, and Pratt will be 43. They’d more likely pick a 30yr old.

Henry Jones Jr canonically was born in 1899.

If it’s anything like the new Star Wars, there will be a boulder chase, snakes, Nazis and then Indy shows up in the last 30 seconds.

I like The Onion’s take:

My daughter’s take: Indiana Jones and the Dentures of Ra.