Infinity Train HBOMax - spoilers after op

I just binged all five “books” recommended to me by one of my adult sons.

Began its life on Cartoon Network before moving to HBOMax.

Wish it had another season. A few characters who I’d love to see more story to, some resolution for. But what a wonderful odd dark sweet mix. Basic premises could fit on Black Mirror with a fine line between magic and powerful advanced but imperfect technology but takes a different focus. Still thinking of a Black Mirror lens on it gives some interesting takes …

Anyone else seen this? Want to discuss it?

Four.

I like the series as a whole, but thought season 4 was really weak. I’m afraid that they might be running out of steam.

D’oh. Four. Thanks for the correction. HBOMax has said no book five. Or movie. It’s done.

I’d have liked to see Amelia have some additional storyline. And a bit more to The Cat/Samantha.

The focus is clearly on the emotional and psychological growth of main characters and that works, but thinking of “denizens” as AI creations (all actually sentient?) and the train itself as a program with One One as its somewhat clueless controlling agent/god, one that is very neutral to the fates of those put into the train without informed consent (many young children) who will either resolve their traumas/escape or die on the train, gives me some shivers. The train under One One is not less malign than under Amelia as The Conductor. It spooks me more effectively that Black Mirror treatments of those themes by the very nature of the theme not being the focus or the main point.

Totally agree. I only watched the first season, but the reveal of the train as a therapist forcibly abducting it’s “patients” and not telling them why, then placing them unsupervised into dangerous situations- it’s a ethical mess.

It’s hinted that the passengers were all on the verge of suicide, though never stated. I guess it’s not as bad in that case, as they would have died otherwise, but still- not cool.

Also, what’s up with Narnia? What if one of the kids can’t take being a child soldier and wants to leave? Would Aslan be cool with that?

I did not hear that hint in Book One and certainly not true after that.

I had completely missed the significance of Book Four being a prequel and had not noticed Amelia with One One as Ryan and Ming-Gi arrived, of course then completely missing that the various announcements of changes were likely signifying Amelia’s takeover!

Heck, I didn’t know about that until just now. I thought s4 ended with major unaddressed plot threads.

The original concept was for eight seasons, so it’s literally only half of the story.

I wasn’t that into it at first glance, but it definitely grew on me over time. That said I stalled early in the 4th season and haven’t gone back to finish it yet. The two friends weren’t grabbing me as much as the protagonists in earlier seasons.

But if s4 is a prequel, then there weren’t unaddressed plot threads–they were handled in the earlier seasons. (I’m mainly thinking about the barely mentioned but apparently very serious problems with the train and 'bots.)