Insane Clown Posse named worst band

I suggested the Fat Boys because they were briefly popular but fairly limited, plus I figured those covers of “Wipeout” and “The Twist” kind of did their careers in as the rap world changed around them. I’m not a big rap fan but I rarely hear them cited as influences by the current crop of rappers who usually name Run-DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Public Enemy, the Sugar Hill Gang, Kool Moe Dee, etc. I agree they were popular but they seem so quaint musically.

I agree that Jay-Z has been more musically diverse and even creative in his selection of samples and his music sounds more polished, but I still think he’s horrible. I’ve tried to see what others like about him, but I find his rapping boring mumbles and his songs slick and flashy but shallow and empty. He’s well marketed and has a better presence than many other rappers (and fashion sense). I just wonder if years from now if his stuff will hold up.

KANSAS?

Must…resist…urge…to…kill…the…bastard…who wrote this… to the tune… of “carry on wayward son”

Preferably with rusty razor covered in acid.

Nobody diss ICP. It’s not a silly name, it goes along with their theme. They’re not more theatre than music while acknowledgeing they can’t play, they have talent and it’s all about the music with the bonus of a good show.

I’m not gonna say anything about any of the bands on that list other than ICP because I don’t know much or anything at all about them. If I don’t know about something, I keep my mouth shut. Something I’ve always advised to everybody else, and now you too.

Don’t diss ICP.
Psychopachik Vampire

**Psychopachik_Vampire[/b[, are you talking about ICP? Man, they suck!

Yeah, I gotta agree. I’m a big hip hop fan, but I’m mystified at the success of Jay-Z. I admit that he really knows his way around a hook, but he’s got no talent as a rapper whatsoever. I cringe every time it gets to his part in Beyonce’s Crazy In Love because it’s a great song, but in the middle of it all Mr Z starts busting out his meagre rhymes without any sense of flow at all. The horns rock, though.

The Sane Clown Posse ranked in the Top Ten…:stuck_out_tongue:

While you’re probably right that the voters were only aware of that one song, there’s nothing at all political or anti-American about hating it. [insert yuck smiley here]

I think some of you are taking this a little too seriously. There were several "Hey, I actually like them"s on the list, but if they’d just changed the name of the list to 50 Artists That There’s Something Seriously Irritating About, I would have been okay with it.

Hmm…no Poison? Somebody didn’t do their research properly.

Seems like it’s still fashionable to hate ELP and other prog-rock bands that have talent beyond any mortal man’s comprehension. Think I’ll put Tarkus and Brain Salad Surgery on repeat play mode and thumb my nose at all those critics who don’t have a clue what they’re missing. :stuck_out_tongue:

And Whitesnake? I’ll bet whoever put them at #41 thinks they didn’t record any music before Slide it In from 1984…not that it makes THAT big a difference, lol.

ICP Sucks.

You’ll grow out of them.

Jon

And don’t use words like ‘diss’, either.

I can’t believe Blind Melon on there. That is why I have never heard of Blender.

I think people who “hate” ICP don’t really get them. Granted, I like my ICP in moderation, but they are really fucking funny if you have that type of humor. Like that song, “bugs on my nuts.” I don’t think I have ever laughed as hard as I did when I first heard that song. Can I get an amen? Might I add that they are really good at free-styling, too. They keep that funny even.

I doubt ICP seriously thinks they are really immortal or deranged, psychopathic “killas,” or even necropheliacs for that matter.

Worst band? They’re not my cuppa, but there’s much worse out there (come on, try the Cheeky Girls if you don’t believe me!).

Because they’re the current darlings of stuff like Blender magazine. Give it 10 years or so and they’ll be on the “Top 50 Worst Bands Of the 21st Century Please God Someone Buy Our Magazine So We Can Continue to Get Paid for Flatulating our Opinions Over Everyone List”

I’m glad The Doors made it on there, though. I was starting to think that me and Michael Nelson were the only ones who realized how much they sucked.