Insomnia sucks!!

So I was laying in bed for hours and finally just gave up. I don’t have to be up until 5, but at this point, 2 hours sleep might hurt me more than help (assuming I could actually get to sleep in the first place).

I have an hour commute to work where I have to teach rambunctious, challenging, keep-me-on-my-toes teenagers all day. This is not a job that suits the sleep-deprived one bit.

To make things even worse, I am slated to donate blood tomorrow and have plans for Valentine’s day right after work. So I can’t catch up on sleep even if I wanted to.
AAAHHHHH!!! Insomnia sucks!!!

:o :mad: :o :mad: :o :mad:

I know how that goes. I used to be nocturnal–not by choice! I simply could not go to sleep before the sun rose. I finally tricked myself into sleep by leaving the light on. Still, it took a really, really long time to get a normal sleep schedule.

Sleep deprivation sucks.

Well I decided to give it one last try and got in a couple hours of sleep. I feel like crap, but am heading in soon. Wish me luck!

DC

Luck.

Lack of sleep is a real pain. I tend to go into aito-pilot mode for much of the day following a break in sleeping patterns. The bod eventually makes me catch up, though. Falling asleep on three buses in one day is usually enough of a clue that I need to rest.

I get this at least once a month and always on a Sunday night. In fact, I had it this past Sunday night. I don’t recall the exact time I fell asleep, but it was probably around 2:30am. I couldn’t tell if I was even asleep or not. I may have gotten four hours total. I ended up leaving work early to go home and get a couple more hours sleep. Afterwards, I felt normal.

Have you tried exercising? I’ve had insomnia for years, and still get it occasionally, but I found that once I managed to squeeze in a 45 minute workout each day, the frequency dropped from 2-3 nights a week to once every couple of weeks.

If that doesn’t work for you, perhaps medication is what you need. I was taking Ambien nightly for a couple years, but stopped because I had developed an addiction and simply couldn’t sleep without it.

Regardless, you have my sympathies. Going through life underslept is at best frustrating and inconvenient, and at worst, dangerous.

Best of luck.