Insurrection of 2021 - YOU did this

Doing the right thing may not be possible no matter how much the Dems want to make changes. Many of the problems are straight out of our overly beloved and seemingly inchangable constitution itself. It require 2/3s of the states to agree to any change. You need bipartisan support for this, which we obviously do not have.

If conservatives would just stay out of the way, stay off social media, stop watching cable news, stop holding armed rallies, stop voting, and just shut up work, and pay taxes, we could all enjoy the Biden presidency – even conservatives. Maybe, especially conservatives.

I don’t know what they can do, though. They utterly failed to take over state legislatures, which would have helped them fight at the local level. They don’t control the judiciary. They are going to be gerrymandered for another decade at minimum.

The best thing they can do, IMO, is to keep doing what Stacy Abrams did and really grind it at the local level. And then on top of that, there has to be a bold, progressive agenda that is attractive to working class voters.

I believe Congress can establish certain voting procedures which maximize voter protections, increase the size of the House and create multi-member congressional districts (with proportional representation) without requiring constitutional amendments. Though some of the voting protections and the multi-member districting will almost certainly have to survive Supreme Court challenges.

Increasing the size of the House simply requires a change in mindset. A Congressperson has greater power and prestige as 1/435 of the body than they would as 1/870 of the body (to pull a number out of my butt). I urge Dems to consider voters first rather themselves and I don’t think that’s too goddam much to ask.

Ah, I see, thanks.