Internet Pharmacies

I am interested in finding an Internet Pharmacy that is reputable. I get tons of spam and am sure that stuff is all a rip off. I have done searches and found a few but most of what I have found are services to which you pay a few and they direct you to one. Strangely enough, yesterday I did a search at work in the course of business and this website came up. www.offshorerx.com I looked at it and it seemed okay and the prices were really good. So, Jim and I decided to take a chance thinking that since it was ordered on a credit card we would be protected against fraud. Have any of you had any experience with this site? If not, have you found another one that is really good?

Would any of you go look at the website and see what you think?

I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about this particular website. I do find the way they list prices strange. They list the price per pill. I’ve never seen that before.

I can however tell you that the pharmacy at www.costco.com is reputable. However, they are not licensed in all states, so you may not be able to order from them.

I have never ordered from www.drugstore.com but have been told they are reputable.

What you may want to look for is a website that sells medicine from Canada. They tend to have very good prices.

You can also use www.froogle.com which is a shopping search engine being developed by google. This can turn up bargains, and it does seem to work for prescription medicine. You’ll still have to try to determine if the website is reputable, of course.

What is really helpful when ordering online is to ask your doctor to write the prescription so you can get 6 months worth at once. The more you order at a time, the cheaper the price.

What medicine are you getting, if you don’t mind my asking?

A quick last note: I found this page:

http://www.fda.gov/oc/buyonline/

It has a little info, and has a link to the National Association of Boards of Pharmacies. They have given a seal of approval to some online pharmacies. If you scroll down the page, you will see a section about this. If you click on “Find a VIPPS certified Pharmacy” you’ll get a list of 13 online pharmacies. These would probably be a good place to start looking.

http://www.nabp.net/

I have been happy so far (almost a year) with ordering my BCs through drugstore.com. Got a better deal, too – three packs for the price of two.

I agree with everything lesa mentioned, and would add the following:

• In my area at least, Costco in-store prices are identical to their internet pricing

• drugstore.com is headquartered in Washington state, but their pharmacy is located back east (Delaware?). This may be an issue if you’re using a free or low cost shipping option and are concerned about delivery time.

• PillBot is the best prescription drug price comparision site I’ve seen–it shows you actual prices on reputable pharmacy sites.

• for a medication I am currently taking, the lowest cost supplier is familymeds
    I have not actually ordered from them, but have spoken with customer service on the phone and they seem reputable.

• I generally order through Savon, primarily because they are located close enough to me that their free shipping reaches me in two days. And they will pricematch the lowest-cost pharmacy.

• most pharmacies will pricematch as long as the resultant price is not lower than their cost. I’ve found this even for B&M pharmacies–Rite Aid and Walgreens will price match Costco, for example.

As far as offshorerx goes, I have no specific information. It seems like a good idea–low prices, legal for personal use–but…their “site search” does not work, the shopping cart behaves oddly, at least with Mozilla/Linux, and most products appear to have a minimum qty of 100, which could make it rather pricey to give them a trial run. And , of course, you still need a prescription.

Lesa,

We are actually looking at a couple of things. Celebrex, Lexapro a few others.

By the way, thanks for the info on checking out the websites.

Terry