Invoking the war dead - Only bad when they do it.

Years ago, Senator Paul Wellstone (D-MN) caught hell (deservedly, in my opinion) for invoking America’s war dead for a pet political cause. For years afterwards, those on the right were never reticent to bring up the faux pas.

It appears that Trent Franks (R-AZ) wasn’t paying attention. In a news conference yesterday, Mr. Franks appears to have polled Arlington National Cemetary’s war dead and found them approving of his latest pet bill restricting abortion rights.

Franks, who has no military experince himself, aside from various congressional comittees, must have taken up channeling the dead. I wonder if he could poll the dead soldiers from the war of 1812 whether they prefer Coke or Pepsi?

That seems a bit hamhanded, yes.

Concur. I’m with Butch on this one.

Sorry. Link.

Abortion = Our children murdering our grandchildren?
:smack: :rolleyes: :wally

Considering the legendary sexual prolictivity of the U.S. soldier at war, I’d think most of them would have been overjoyed at the idea of safe, legal abortions.

What vested interest does the American soldier have in whether or not the vietnamese girl he raped gets an abortion?

Erek

I start a thread defending the American soldier, and you come in and slander them?

Asshole.

Butch? :confused:

Butch.

Gee, thanks for the totally unnecessary swipe.

You fucking miserable goat feltching cum gargling guttle whore

[QUOTE=

You fucking miserable goat feltching cum gargling guttle whore[/QUOTE]

For the record it’s a well known fact that a ‘guttle’ whore is several steps down from the more illustrious ‘gutter’ whore. Yeah… that’ll work.

I heard this on the radio earlier today. My initial thought was, “I’ll bet our fallen servicemen were much, much more concerned with not becoming fallen servicemen than they were about whether abortion is legal or not.”

In fact, I’m willing to bet that the subject never crossed their collective mind. I’m guessing they had way more important things to think about.

I think the lesson here is: Never trust politicians named Trent. (There are a Lott of other reasons.)