iPhone questions

Just got off Live Chat with Earthlink. I can now send email as well as receive it.

iCloud is something on the computer, so I’ll reserve questions about that for another thread. I’ll probably take the computer into the dealer to see if they can sort it, since I was having zero luck with it. And there’s Airdrop, and other things mentioned in this thread that I don’t know about. I’ll ask about them later.

But let me be clear: You cannot connect an iPhone as a device (no synching) to a Mac via Bluetooth?

Correct.

If you’re comfortable setting up an FTP server or SSH server on your computer, then you can control where your files ‘live’ by installing an FTP or SFTP client on your iPhone. Search the App Store for “Documents by Readdle”, which has built-in support for all kinds of file transfer protocols.

or just let iPhoto on the Mac do the importing, then drag the photos where you want them.

Or, just use the built-in app “Image Capture.”

But, really, Photos is the way to go. Storing images in directories has little to recommend it these days.

Are you using the same AppleID on your mac and iPhone? You need to have it set up this way so that pictures, texts, etc. will sync between the Mac and the iPhone.

On the Mac remember that anytime you are making software changes it will ask you for your Mac login password to approve those changes. Normally this is not the same password as your AppleID password, unless you made them the same.