iPod help - not displaying a couple of artists on the artist list

When I open the iPod Artists menu, a couple of artists are missing. However, when I open the Songs menu, I can scroll through and find the songs for those artists who do not appear in the Artist menu. The Songs menu lists the name of the song and accurately displays the name of the artist.

How can I get these artists to appear in the Artist menu?

All artists and songs are through iTunes. The ‘missing’ artists appear on iTunes.

Thanks.

BUMP

I think mine does that with songs which are flagged as being part of a compilation.

Actually, I think the songs in question were uploaded off my CDs. However, other CD uploaded songs by other artists don’t have this problem.

This is the answer. Even if you think that they’re not part of a compilation, iTunes sometimes has them checked as such. So highlight all of the songs on your iPod and right click for the menu (preferences?) and click the compilation on + off again. Then click OK (or apply).

I had to do this a couple months ago and that solved the problem.

Are the CDs compilations? Under “Artist” on your iPod is there a “Various”?

The two artists in question are Greatest Hits CDs by those two artists.

So I do this on the iPod itself or on iTunes?

On iTunes.

OK, on the iPod, there is a Compliations menu option, and the albums are listed there in full. I did not know that.

OK, I highlighted all the songs for each album, right click, Get Info, Advanced, turned Part of a Compilation from Yes to No.

Then click “apply” or “OK” and eject your iPod, you should be able to find the artists then.

While people are talking iPod, any idea on why there are two listings for many artists? Exact same spelling, punctuation, etc and yet the songs are split between two different listings.

Sometimes there is a space after the artist’s name and it does that. Highlight all the songs in iTunes and while it might show the album info, it won’t show the artist name. Type it in and it will consolidate both to one name.

The compilation thing worked. I also found a few more artists I had forgotten about hiding out in my compilations menu. Thanks!

Here’s another issue. My wife apparently has some TV shows on there that she’s tried to delete, but she just can’t seem to delete them. They won’t go away.

Thanks!!!