-
Popeye
CCCCCCC -
idiot…$$$$$
-
lalollvisefawiarr
-
past events past events
-
Jehovah Mr. Clean
-
Group of lions autumn
- A fool and his money are soon parted.
- Pride goeth before a fall.
[QUOTE=tdn]
4) past events past events
[/QUOTE]
Past events are bound to repeat themselves?
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
I see that 2-6 are all familiar proverbs, but I don’t get #1 except that it’s something about a sailor and the seven seas.
-
Popeye on the seven seas.
-
A fool and his money are soon parted.
-
Pride goeth before the fall.
- Sail o’er (?) the seven seas.
- History repeats itself.
- Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
-
Popeye
CCCCCCC -
idiot…$$$$$
-
lalollvisefawiarr
-
past events past events
-
Jehovah Mr. Clean
-
Group of lions autumn
Number one is Popeye and the Seven Seas
The second one is A Fool and his money are soon parted
The thrid is All is fair in love and war
Number four is History repeats itself
Number 5 is Cleanliness is next to Godliness
and the final one is Pride goeth before the fall.
Pretty fun little word games.
[QUOTE=jjimm]
- Sail o’er (?) the seven seas.
- History repeats itself.
[/QUOTE]
Sailor over the seven seas. #4 is correct. feppytweed got #3.
Post your own!
Personally, I prefer
2(NaCl[sub]aq[/sub])
CCCCCCC
for the first one.
Then there’s also:
0
M.D. Ph.D. B.A.
or
linereadline
And not quite the same thing, but related, we have
2b || !2b = ?
Saline over the seven seas.
Three degrees below zero.
Read between the lines.
To be or not to be. That is the question.
[QUOTE=Chronos]
Personally, I prefer
2(NaCl[sub]aq[/sub])
CCCCCCC
for the first one.
Then there’s also:
0
M.D. Ph.D. B.A.
Three degrees below zero?
or
linereadline
Read between the lines.
And not quite the same thing, but related, we have
2b || !2b = ?
[/QUOTE]
That is the question?
“To be or not to be, that is the question.”
An oldie but a goodie:
WOOD
JOHN
MASS
Hint: It’s a partial address.
I got the John Underwood part, but can’t figure out the rest.
R[sub]D[/sub]R/R = R-C[sub]9[/sub]H[sub]11[/sub]N[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]4[/sub]S
I wrote a sonnet once that was kind of a huge rebus. I’d just read a research article for class claiming that teachers weren’t teaching students the appropriate math terminology, and as part of my homework response wrote the third sonnet on this page.
Line 7 seems to be the hardest.
Daniel
Momanon.
[QUOTE=Bryan Ekers]
Momanon.
[/QUOTE]
Man in the moon.
[QUOTE=tdn]
I got the John Underwood part, but can’t figure out the rest.
[/QUOTE]
Mr. Underwood lives in Andover, Massachusetts
Without peaking:
[QUOTE=tdn]
-
Popeye
CCCCCCC
Sailor on the seas ?? -
idiot…$$$$$
A fool and his money are soon parted ?? -
lalollvisefawiarr
??? -
past events past events
History repeats itself. -
Jehovah Mr. Clean
Cleanliness is next to godliness -
Group of lions autumn
Pride goeth before a fall.