DO NOT READ THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU POST YOUR ANSWERS
Object of the game: Try to think of the most popular answer, to get the most people matching you. Only answers that are “serious” will be scored. Joke answers will not be considered, as it is not fair to other players.
Right now, the mods are having difficulties changing thread titles. I’m sorry if you come in to a Feud that is already over.
Scoring - Any answer duplicated by anyone else is worth 100 points divided by the number of entrants. For example: 50 entrant game = 2 pts per answer. If 4 people match that means they each get 8 pts for that answer. No matches = 0 points.
If any of you have ideas for Feuds -and would like me to score them- PM me and I’ll get you on The List.
FORMATTING OF ANSWERS IS IMPORTANT!
Write your answers like this; Do not repeat the questions, no periods at the end of answers, no spaces between lines, no comments, no fancy list coding. If you need to comment or clarify your answers, do it AFTER the list of answers. Thanks.
JUST LIKE THIS:
1. answer <<—There is a space after the period!
The game will end either when we have 50 entrants, or at 4:00 PM Central on Monday, 10/6/08 whichever comes first.
**Note that for this feud, proverbs also include any common sayings, cliches, words of wisdom, etc. Please try to keep as close to the original wording as you can, for our poor scorer’s sake!
- State a proverb that includes one of the four elements (water, wind, earth, fire.)
- State a proverb that deals with money.
- State a proverb that mentions an animal.
- State a proverb that deals with romance.
- State a proverb that gives bad advice or has questionable morals.
- Name a song whose title is a proverb or a reference to a proverb.
- Name a principal source of your proverb knowledge.
- To the nearest 10%, what percentage of proverbs contain useful information?
- Complete this made-up proverb with one word: “Angels, demons, and _______ ; they exist not but at our wit’s end.”
- Complete this made-up proverb with one or two words: "Death comes early to those who ________. "