Iraqui 55-deck of cards

When the deck of the most wanted Iraquis was first disclosed, the media made a distinction between the number of individuals, either 52 or 53 and the number of cards of 55.

After a week or so the deck of cards matter dropped out of the news. When it returned, we were stuck on 55.

I noticed this page that shows two names footnoted not appearing on the deck:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/DailyNews/iraq_cards_030723.html

Namely, #45 Nayif Shindakh Thamir Ghalib and #54 Khamis Sirhan al-Muhammad.

I know the two jokers were Arab names and the other was Iraqui military titles.

What was the other card? How many names were originally on the most wanted list - 52,53,54,55? What was the difference between the list and the cards?

IIRC, it’s a handy guide of the various levels of the former Iraqi government, and who supercedes whom.

IIRC, it’s a handy guide of the various levels of the former Iraqi government, and who supercedes whom.

Further research I find my own answer.

There were only 52 individuals in a deck of 54 or 55, but there was an original list from 1 thru 55 of most wanted.

The cards/names were assigned from top to bottom starting with the ace,king etc. Number one was ace of spades,number two ace of clubs,three ace of hearts,four ace of diamonds,five king of spades and so forth.

Why they made the suits in that order I don’t know.

When they came to #45 Nayef Shedakh he should have been the 3 of spades but for some reason(mistake?), #55 Sad Abd al-Majid Al-Faysal was assigned.

They ran out of cards for #53 Gen.Husayn and #54 Khamis Sirhan al-Muhammad.