"Is air really feces? Should we hate it?"

What would you have people do, say, in the last case you mention? Just the the deceptive OP hang there, unchallenged. In case you hadn’t noticed, this board is dedicated to fighting ignorance, not overlooking it or patting it on the back. Yes, people start stupid threads. These get replies ibecause* they are stupid. Just like most of your threads.

Because it’s fun, you dumbass. If there’s a “bad” thread anywhere on this board, it’s one that is boring (a common problem with the threads started by me, I suspect). A thread that starts with a firmly-defined premise that is controversial, though, can be downright exciting. Your “death-spike” thread had a sliver of truth (fast foods are harmful if eaten to excess) but you chose to cover it in a mountain of bullshit, and this proper mix of one-part diesel to ten-parts fertilizer had enough fireworks to ensure a good show (how’s that for metaphor-mixing?)

You’ll always have an audience here as long as you present yourself as a stupid person needing correction, because this particular crowd loves to ridicule stupid people, coming up with ever-witter sarcastic slams in a perpetual wise-guy arms race. If you don’t like this, there are two solutions:
[ul][li]Smarten up, at which point you’ll get less attention, both positive and negative, or[/li][*]Get lost, punk.[/ul]

I think we need to set more modest goals. Thinking carefully AT ALL would be a big improvement. Getting it in the right order and producing posts of even moderate intelligence might be too much to hope for.

What would I have people do? Just because I made a complaint, that means I want a solution? Scoff with me, that what I’d have them do.

Sooooo…basically, you just post stuff to get reactions from people? Does that about sum it up?

I was sort of joking, but isn’t that why anyone says anything?

pizzabrat, what you’re doing is considered trolling. Even if you’ve paid a subscription, you CAN be banned, you know. You’ve already been warned for trolling once, on 5/31. This is another warning. You don’t get three warnings for trolling, you get banned.

Lynn
For the Straight Dope