"Is air really feces? Should we hate it?"

Thank you, thank you! I’ll be here all week. :smiley:

Can I suggest a change in venue?

The thought had occurred.

If memory serves me correctly, pizzabrat sailed through the cyber waters of this messageboard for some two years or more without once ever showing up on the radar. And then BAM! In the last month, we’ve seen this metamorphosis into a person who just lives to argue - rather poorly too I might add.

It’s almost as if a new person has taken over an old user login. I’m not saying that’s what happened, but you’d definitely be excused for thinking it MIGHT be the case.

That being said, ummmm… man… what a stupid thread this is. Arguing about opinions on a messageboard is an even greater waste of time than arguing about whether Al Gore actually won the last Presidential election.

I love Great Debates. One in 10 threads rocks my world. The other 9 I choose to ignore. What’s so hard to grasp about that?

No, pizzabrat has maintained a generally uniform level of idiocy throughout his tenure on the boards. His recent threads are entirely in keeping with some of his earlier gems such as Is Jon Stewart Racist?, hairy scalps (which I can only assume was some sort of hare-brained attempt at parody), Colin Powell is NOT black!, “bigoted italian family”, Homosexuals (complete with a half-assed follow up thread defending it), Hey! Pay attention to me!!!, ::cough::, Man thinks dogs are divine, White people and doube-blinking (Altogether on this one: What the FUCK?), Women - How do you like your pupils (Apparently unrelated to the preceeding thread, but I’m just scanning the OPs. I’ve got a lot of stupid to process here.), The North American and his Watered Down Features, Yay! We speak English!, Mother and I have a game we play (Hands down the creepiest thread title EVER), Look at my totally on point sarcasm. (which, judging by his posting history, does not seem to be sarcastic), It’s “thei” not “they”!, I wish England still had a Monarchy (Containing surprising information to Britons everywhere), and That guy’s wearing fashionably oversized sports attire!, which brings us more or less up to date, at least in so far as threads started by pizzabrat go. He’s also been plenty stupid in threads started by other people, but I’ll leaving finding those as an exercise for the reader.

Come on guys, admit it…how many times have you been so frustrated on GD that you wanted to start a thread like this one?

I know I have been. Fuck, sometimes talking to people is like stabbing yourself in the eye.

A sig-worthy line, if ever I’ve seen one! :smiley:

Oh, actually this person has used another name in the past, but preferred not to pay, I guess. So I banned this name of his.

Lynn
For the Straight Dope

Idiocy? Did you read those threads past their titles? Just about all of them were completely misunderstood (and I secretly suspect willfully so) by most of the posters in them. And half of those were jokes. And though I’m used to people clouding my words with their own personal prejudices (check those threads again to see the crates of alien words I routinely have wheelbarrelled down my mouth), and mistaking the then polluted message for my stupidity, it still rocks me to see someone presumptiously articulate it. However, I’m valitdated enough by people who admit to sharing my sentiments (and appreciating my jokes) to know that it’s not “just me”.

Let the record show that Pizzabrat votes in favor of the “consistent level of idiocy” theory.

I guess.

It’s kind of hard to tell.

If you find yourself consistently misunderstood, then you must consider the possibility that you are not communicating well. It’s your choice, really; go through life convinced the world is “against you”, or learn to actually communicate your ideas in such a way that you are understood. Perhaps some classes in speech and/or creative writing at your local community college.

That’s right pizzabrat, it’s not you, it’s everybody else

You know, the fact that your OP is about the fact that there’s people who will validate even the most ridiculous ideas. the fact that there’s a poster or two who will “admit to sharing your sentiments” isn’t really saying much.

:rolleyes:

And considering your past threads, your OP is at the height of irony. Of course, since you appear to think you can do no harm and are a freaking genius, I wouldn’t be suprised to learn that you completely missed that.

Wow. How’s that for a hellaciously written sentence?

It should read:

You know, considering the fact your OP is about the fact that there’s people out there who will validate even the most ridiculous of ideas, the fact that there’s a poster or two who will “admit to sharing your sentiments” isn’t really saying much.

I don’t think I’m a genius, but I don’t think I’m an idiot either. So what am I supposed to say?

Well, easing up on the “my analogy was PERFECT!!” and “everyone just misunderstands me!” in the face of any form of criticism (especially when 95% of all posts to any of your threads are criticisms) would be a good start.

Otherwise, your refusal to take any criticisms into consideration regardless of their validity, indicates you do in fact, consider yourself a genius.

Which is nothing short of hysterically funny.

Why does this make me think of that priceless observation: “Have you noticed that the one consistent feature of each of your dysfunctional relationships is you?”

Well, you could start another thread, titled “Idiots. Why does everything think I’m, like, one of them?”

I think you’re half right.

Thinking carefully and then posting might be helpful.

Veb

Okay, this isn’t supposed to be another vanity thread, so I’ll end the me segment…
Come on, you know those dumb threads, like the perplexingly common comparison of pedophelia and the recent acceptance of homosexuality. One involves raping children, the other doesn’t involve raping children. Where the fuck is the confusion coming from? Then there’s this ten-page joke where some guy comes promotes segregated breeding communes just to ensure himself a white wife. Then there’re those with the purposefully deceptive titles asking for debates on things no one can disagree with like “Should students get 6 months in jail for saing the word ‘Jesus’”, and “Should people have to pay to receive their stolen property back from the police?”. Why even throw the queries a bone?

End futile attempt to get thread back on track