Is Alice's Restaurant a tradition for your Thanksgiving?

It’s time for the 2018 Alice’s Restaurant BUMP!

I shared this with my 17 year old grandson. He said that was 20 minutes of his life he’ll never get back. Kids, today, I tell ya. :dubious:

Sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar.

I’m sure Q104.3 in the New York area will be playing it at noon again this year.

WEBN in the Cincinnati area used to play it at noon as well. I used to listen to it on the way over to my parents. (They told me to be there at noon, I told them I’d be there about 12:30.), but I haven’t thought to catch it in a while, and I don’t know if they still play it.

WBLM in Portland, ME is the noon show for Alice. Every year, from the original vinyl that they first had in the Litchfield trailer when the station first went on the air back in the early 70’s.

I’ll be on the job again this year, though I’ll be omitting the infecting and neglecting bits if at all possible.

I listened to it on the way home from work today out of a sense of duty.

It’s an interesting relic, but a bit overrated IMO. When it was done, I thought “good, I’m set for another year”.
mmm

Hey! My thread came around again! I’ll probably listen to the saga on our way over the river and through the woods to the in-laws’ house for dinner. We have a 2 hour drive and there’s not much to look at on PA Rt 22/30 between Johnstown & McKeesport.

This post makes me sad. Alice’s Restaurant is one of the songs that encapsulates the Vietnam protest years. We shouldn’t forget those times, they may come back around…

I understand. I wish I liked it more. It just got a little tiresome to listen to. I probably would have enjoyed it more hearing it live.

And I remember the Vietnam protest years well, so it’s not like I lack context.
mmm

Annual bump for when it comes around on the guitar, which is 45 minutes from now on my local radio station.

Just listened to it!

About ready to listen to it on KINK 101.9 Portland.

Heard it about an hour ago on KZOK 102.5 in Seattle. Shame a second station in the area doesn’t air it; I for some odd reason loved to hear both versions at once.

It’s November. Time for the Alice’s Restaurant bump.

KGON at noon. I’ve got to work that day, and I will listen.

After bumping this thread, I read the whole thing for the first time in quite a while. It is hilarious. One of the SDMB’s best.

If you haven’t read the whole ting, wither do so or go sit on the Group W Bench. NOW!

Did a little surfing after seeing this bump, apparently Billboard considers Arlo a one hit wonder. Would not have called that.

Ask him if there are other 20-minute periods of his life that he *does *expect to get back.

I realize this is a year late