Is Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half doing okay? [update: she's back!]

she is so great at humor she even makes me laugh when describing the darkest saddest place she’s ever been.

I hope she continues to recover and eventually it is all rainbows of not hopeless bullshit for her.

Yay for Allie!

Her story about the dogs traveling in the car is the only story I know of. It was linked here a while back and I had tears in my eyes from laughing. Maybe you had to be a dog owner to fully appreciate it. Funny as hell.

“What are you doing?”

“Interacting with you?!”

Thanks guys. It’s been really hard. I also suffer from depression, and my brother was my best friend and my confidant, especially when it came to that. Having to lose him is so hard, because he’s the person I want to talk to about it.

I really am happy for Allie, though! It’s just hard to hear of someone in such a dark place, since I know where it can go.

And I’m sorry for your loss as well, Drunky Smurf. I’ve been going to suicide support groups, and I know it gets easier, but the hurt never goes away.

I was first introduced by a link toThe Alot. It might possibly have been a link in a thread here at the Dope. Do yourself a favor and work through her archive.

Finally! There is a new post by Allie Brosh in which she writes about her ongoing struggle with depression. It is honestly raw, painful, and hilarious.

I seriously love her and her writing, and I wish her all the best. Now I’m off to pre-order her new book.

Did you see that Hyperbole and a Half has been updated?

Yes and yes :).

Good stuff indeed.

Dadgummit! I swear I looked to see if anyone posted about it. I should have known. :stuck_out_tongue:

Merged the original thread with two newer ones about the new comics.

There’s an update from 07 May. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/ Here’s hoping she’s on the mend and back for good!

So happy for her! I’ve been there and it’s an awful way to feel and live. Glad to feel she is coming out of that fog.