Is Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half doing okay? [update: she's back!]

Yay! Allie’s back! Or, rather, will be tomorrow!

Awesome! I hope she has managed to at least corral her demons.

I’m so excited by this news! I honestly thought she’d died from her Depression. I’m rather nervous about tomorrow’s post, though.

This makes me feel alot better.

Perfect post,** jayjay**.

I’m heading right there.

I saw the new post notification on my Facebook feed, and what was amazing to me was that even after such a long hiatus, in the 34 minutes the post had been up it had garnered more than 15,000 likes. Plus, popping over to the blog to read the pre-post transitin post gave me a good excuse to re-read a lot of her older stuff. It’s all still funny as hell, and I’m glad she’s alive and looking forward to hearing more from her.

Yay! No pressure, Allie, but we’re all gonna be there.

Wow. It’s scary how much her post is like my own depression. Everything about it. She describes things really well. I know how she feels, and I hope she can get help.

She’s back!

Yeah. Especially when I first had depression - and I didn’t even know what it was because I had always felt that way. These days it’s more like ‘oh, it’s that bullshit again.’ Not having emotions is pretty much normal for me.

I’ll help you look for the fish!

I’m so happy!!!

The first sighting of the corn? That’s a nice picture. Even before reading the rest of the story I sort of wanted to hang a print of that in my living room.

I really worry about her. I’m glad she’s back, and I hope she’s feeling somewhat better. But depression is so hard to treat… reading that comic hurt my heart.

I dunno. I just lost my brother to suicide, so maybe I’m just in the wrong place for it. I hope she finds peace.

I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Did you read today’s, or the first one she wrote on depression?

I’ve read both of her comics on depression. Her description of depression is spot-on. So glad she’s back. (hugs Allie)

(((((miss elizabeth)))))

Thanks for letting us know! I’d finally stopped checking her blog, although I’d re-read the comics every once in a while.

Nailed. It.

I hope we all find our piece of corn.

I’m glad she’s back too and feeling ok enough to write and make those wonderful pictures.

Sorry about your brother miss elizabeth. I lost a family member to suicide too and all you can really do is be there for each other.

Yay! She disappeared off the face of the earth for a long time. I was looking forward to reading her book. Hopefully she can get around to writing it someday.