Is Clinton slinging mud at Obama (and blaming it on the right-wing conspiracy)?

[QUOTE=BrainGlutton]
See post #76 and links embedded therein, all of them.
[/QUOTE]

Looked at 'em. Still don’t see fabrication of sources as one of their alleged crimes.

[QUOTE=spoke-]
My “theories”? My “theory” in this case is that the source of the story is the one attributed by its author. That one’s really out there, I know…
[/QUOTE]
What author?

Did you actually go to Insight Magazine ands read the article?

It does not attribute the claim to anyone other than vaguely referenced “sources.” It also has no “author.” The entire smear was written anonymously and its unidentified typist “attributed” its claims to no one.

Note that the “secret Muslim” stuff has been making the rightwing rounds on blogs and emails for a while now. You might want to claim that the Clintons also were involved somehow, but the fact is, it needed no help. It was already out there and being pushed.

[QUOTE=spoke-]
Where is your evidence?
[/QUOTE]

He/she works for the Moonies and therefore demonstrably has no journalistic ethics and as they are anonymous - no guts either.

[QUOTE=spoke-]
Yes, Guin, I am very aware of the Unification Church. Unless you’re claiming that one of the canons of the church is fabrication of journalistic sources, you’re still arguing a non-sequitur.
[/QUOTE]

sigh My point is, they have ZERO credibility. None. Zip. Nada.

So if they tell you the sky is blue, you should still ask for a better source.

ETA: And again, let me ask you, if the Church of Scientology published an article about oh, anti-depressants, would you take their word for it?

No, it had one very good purpose – it got people arguing on a public message board about whether there maybe, just maybe, might be something to this obvious smear. “Especially when you think about all the things that Billary got away with…” :dubious:

Believe it or not, this sort of stuff actually plays in some places.

Y’know, I think Barack should* run* on this:

“I was raised in Indonesia! I was educated in a madrasah! And I came to America & became a Christian! I’m proof that Western Civilization can WIN!!!”

Too bad it’s not true. Madrasah, outside of Western journalistic shorthand, means “school,” period.

Tempest in a kettle.

And jihad, outside of Western journalistic shorthand, means “struggle,” period.

Not that any of these posts will prevent certain rabble-rousers from using them as synonyms for “America-destroying turban-wearing crazies”…

I just had to bump this thread to link to this priceless cartoon.

[QUOTE=Frank]
And that’s true, so: given that there is a meme floating around that Obama has been indoctrinated by strict Islam, and there is a separate meme floating around that this is a vicious lie from the Clinton camp; who gains?
[/QUOTE]

What I find absolutely fascinating is that we Americans are so intoxicated by own Islamophobia, that we don’t even realize the inherent wrongness of denying someone from holding political power because they may have been “contaminated” by Islam. Not contaminated today or last year, no, ladies and gentleman, we’re talking 40 years ago.

America must think of Muslims as supernatural demons: so much so that brief contact with them in elementary school is enough to turn you into a traitor 40 years later.

  • Honesty

[QUOTE=Honesty]
America must think of Muslims as supernatural demons: so much so that brief contact with them in elementary school is enough to turn you into a traitor 40 years later.
[/QUOTE]

Jack Chick, in his tracts, typically draws gays with little possessing-demons crawling on their shoulders. Never seen him draw a Muslim that way, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

[QUOTE=BrainGlutton]
I just had to bump this thread to link to this priceless cartoon.
[/QUOTE]

Would be funny, if it weren’t so true…

:frowning: