Is Colibri following the rules of the SDMB or is he just throwing his weight around?

Right. Besides that, even a discussion of MSM in that particular thread would have been a inappropriate hijack.

You could probably shorten that to “Demi-god of The Darien Gap”.

It wasn’t the LSM thing; it was your reference to a certain Operation, shall we say, Speedy and Irritated that was the political dig.

Regards,
Shodan

Yes, it’s happened recently too. Miller gave a mod note to both a poster and another mod at the same time. I don’t have a cite right now, but I do remember it happening, so it’s somewhere there.

He got a note for the first, and a warning for the second (since he had already been cautioned on political digs in the same thread).

According to Colibri, who is kind to orphans and puppies, a warning warning was issued issued for referring to the current President as a “rogue president” in the General Questions forum. I assume that the rest of the post was acceptable.

And thanks for the heads up about the Speedy and Irritated issue. I hadn’t viewed that thread or read my Private Messages yet. I assumed the PM was from yet another ardent suitor. Who knows what trouble I could have found myself in? :wink:

Yeah, you had no idea that warning was coming.

For future reference, would this earn one warning for both, a warning each (two warnings) or a big goddamn bucket of warnings?

Honest question here:
If calling out LSM is a warnable political jab in GQ, are jabs against the right-winged Fox News for their alleged conservative bias likewise warnable?

Of course. Why would you think otherwise? I suspect I’ve probably issued at least notes for that. (Note that the jab against LSM got a note rather than a warning.)

Was it done in GQ?

I’ve never seen a warning for it. But then again most of the users lean to the left and would never report it and TBH this is the first warning I’ve seen for insulting any media.

There was no warning for the “LSM” remark. I issued a note for that. I later issued a warning for a jab at President Obama.

I was not responding to a thread report on the first remark; I saw it because I was following the thread. (I don’t recall if it was reported at some point.)

I regularly get reports of anti-right-wing remarks, and act on them if needed.

Why would I expect a warning? I strive to stay within the rules and never, ever, suggest dietary supplements to moderators. It was my fault that I allowed myself to be led astray by another mods general instruction to “stick to the facts” without first double checking which facts he was referring to. Don’t I feel like a horse’s patoot.

This happens in General Questions?

Here’s an exampleof when I issued a mod note for a jab against Fox News.

You should have expected one if you paid any attention at all to the rules about political remarks in GQ, especially since we had just been discussing them here. There was absolutely no excuse for the remark about Obama. I suggest that if you have such an exceedingly poor grasp of the rules in GQ that you would be better off not posting in the forum.

As much as she responds to any name, which is entirely dependent on whether I have food.

Maybe Weezie, like in The Jeffersons.

Seems obvious what you use socks for, then.