Is coprophagia dangerous?

I was thinking more along the lines of hookers who give freebies to the vice squad…

So, ummm how did this conversation come to pass anyway Mistress Anastacia?
I’m just honestly puzzled at WHY anyone would be into that…I mean shit tastes bad for a reason…is your brother into the S&M scene?

Every time I see this topic at the top I think coprophagia is dangerous…to the poo. Poor little thing.

I was watching Rob Roy the other night, and at the beginning of it, Liam Neeson and Eric Stoltz are tracking a band of cattle thieves. Stoltz determines how far behind they are from the thieves by finding a cow pie, breaking off a small chunk of it, and eating it. It appears to have been an effective technique: they catch the rustlers in the very next scene.

I know that dogs enjoy eating cat turds because cats have inefficient digestive systems, and there’re still all sorts of proteins and nutrients in their crap.

As for people who do this as part of their kink… well, if they aren’t hurting anyone else, I’m not going to pass judgement. Or anything else, while they’re around.

<<So, ummm how did this conversation come to pass anyway Mistress Anastacia?
I’m just honestly puzzled at WHY anyone would be into that…I mean shit tastes bad for a reason…is your brother into the S&M scene?
>>

That’s a good question that can be applied to many fetishes. This is one of the grosser ones, but there are some inexplicable ones among my friends. One of them is aroused by sneezing, another by balloons, and I won’t even get into vore. (I’m sure wikipedia has an article on it). They never really strove to attach themselves to the fetishes, they just… well… discovered that certain things really “got them going.”

And no, Mikey isn’t into the S&M scene. He’s walked in on a session of mine before and been visibly distressed, later voicing that he thought it was weird and strange and such. To my knowledge (and I really don’t want to ask), this is his major deviant behavior. As for the initial conversation, I had dinner with him and his new girlfriend a few months ago and he was raving about how she was “perfect” for him because she didn’t mind… well, you get the idea.

What’s vore?

Does HE eat the crap too, or does he only make her eat it? Interesting on a psychological perspective…maybe he still has hang ups about his toilet training…or maybe he’s really into master slave stuff or whatever…weird…

I tend to find that “kink” is a far more variated (might have the wrong word there) and subtle area than even the relatively enlightened crowd around here are aware of. People tend to lump a lot of it all in together.

Also, I tend to find that people who share a given kink are not always as perfect as they’d like to believe. Yes, they’re in a relatively small pool, but if that’s all they have in common…

<<Does HE eat the crap too, or does he only make her eat it? Interesting on a psychological perspective…maybe he still has hang ups about his toilet training…or maybe he’s really into master slave stuff or whatever…weird…
>>

Oh, she doesn’t eat it (it’d ruin her caps). I mean, that’d still be gross but I don’t have to really hug/kiss her so that wouldn’t bother me nearly as much. She “gives” and he “receives.”

<<Also, I tend to find that people who share a given kink are not always as perfect as they’d like to believe. Yes, they’re in a relatively small pool, but if that’s all they have in common…>>
For Mikey, that’s pretty much all it takes. This girl is Fitness Trainer Barbie in the flesh. Fake boobs, teeny-tiny waist, bleached blonde hair, and pretty much no intelligence (that I’ve seen) to speak of. Hell, that was the main criteria in the first place. The sh*t eating was just a bonus he was shocked to discover.

As for vore, I’ll spare you all of the vorey details (ha ha), but basically it’s being turned on by a creature eating (consuming) the other. It can be anything from the desire to be eaten by another person, to watching a snake devour a goat. A lot of the time it’s connected with furries, and there are numerous images/stories written about it. It can be bloody, but the people who actively want to be “consumed” often harbor a desire to simply be inside the other person/creature’s stomach.

Obviously, vore is a lot harder to practice, but its numbers of enthusiasts rival coprophagia.

<<I tend to find that “kink” is a far more variated (might have the wrong word there) and subtle area than even the relatively enlightened crowd around here are aware of. People tend to lump a lot of it all in together.>>

You’re right, it really is. I mean, there’s a degree of “openness” to unusual sexual practices among the general fetish crowd, but liking one thing doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll like the other. In fact, if you have two (obscure) fetishes and walk up to a person at a convention who you know likes one of them, the chances of them being into the other are pretty low. Higher than a random person on a street, obviously, but it’s not a “love one kink, love all kinks” thing. My non-scene friends are often surprised to find out that, despite being a mistress, I don’t really have any of those ‘weird fetishes’ they hear about. People tend to see a deviant sexual behavior and expect that person to have others they’ve heard of. It happens, and I do know people with lists of fetishes, but the really obscure stuff like coprophagia, sneezing, balloons, etc doesn’t show up on very many lists. You’re much more likely to find things like foot and stocking fetishes or cross-dressing in common on lists, though I’m seeing infantilism more and more.

[QUOTE=BaldwinKid 1: What’s this stuff?
Kid 2: Some cereal. It’s s’pposed to be good for you.
Kid 1: Are you gonna try it?
Kid 2: I’m not gonna try it – you try it.
Kid 1: I’m not gonna try it!
Kid 2: I know! Let’s get Mikey!
Kid 1: Yeah! He won’t eat it; he hates everything!
Mikey chows down.
Kid 2: He likes it! Hey, Mikey!

[/QUOTE]

Ok, smarty pants, why the heck would the kids even THINK about getting Mickey to try the cereal if he hates everything? He’d be the last guy to ask. And if he hates everything, why’d he plow through that first spoonful without even a cursory sniff or lick? I ask you!

These three lines don’t make any sense;
Line 1Kid 1: I’m not gonna try it!

Line 2Kid 2: I know! Let’s get Mikey!

Line 3Kid 1: Yeah! He won’t eat it; he hates everything!
Mikey chows down.

Line 1, Fear of trying something for the first time.
Line 2, Knowing that Mickey is even more finicky then they are, they consider getting him to try it…? (Why? This is not logical and makes no sense)
Line 3 Agreeing with the enthusiasm of Kid 2, Kid 1 says, "Yeah (great idea) He won’t eat it (then why ask him?); he hates everything (If he won’t eat it and hates everything, why ask him…ever?)

By the Way, I agree that Baldwin is probably correct with the way the commercial is worded, it’s just that the parts I pointed out could easily lead someone to think the opposite.

And where the hell is lieu?
These threads are right up his,…errr…alley.

Can you imagine how freakin’ rank their burps must be? It’s gotta be horrible, something like a barf fart. Plus, anyone who would do this probably wouldn’t think twice about blowing one at you.

Oh so vore is kinda related to that cannibalism sex stuff that was in the news a few years ago?

True…that is a dowside…from what I’ve heard cophigaics have AWFUL breath. I don’t get it…how is that a turn on? How is ingesting what your body had in its inbox a turn on?

OK, now all we need is Surreal.

Voraphilia also includes fantasies of being swallowed whole, thus still being alive inside someone else. Freud would have a field day.

Yep, some people into vore view it as a way of “re-entering the womb” or “unbirthing.”

And as for the cannibalism comment, that could be considered vore, but again, most vore concerns simply being swallowed. Vore can involve sadism/masochism and pain fetishes, but they’re not requisite.

<<True…that is a dowside…from what I’ve heard cophigaics have AWFUL breath. I don’t get it…how is that a turn on? How is ingesting what your body had in its inbox a turn on?>>

That hasn’t been an issue with him, nor do I think if I kissed him I’d come in contact with any remnant. It’s probably long gone, but it’s still psychologically disturbing to know that he just recently had… You get the point. As for how it’s a turn on, again, there are many many fetishes that, by themselves, have nothing to do with sex. I don’t really have an answer for that, other than saying “different strokes for different folks.” I suppose a behaviorist would theorize that the fetishist somehow came in contact with the object of their feitsh in a sexual situation and learned to associate the two, but that’s extremely unlikely for some of the rarer ones.

This is bringing back memories of the novel Gravity’s Rainbow, in which coprophagia is only one among many disturbing scenes and images. Great book.

I quoted the commercial accurately; didn’t say it was a brilliant little teleplay, just an effective ad. The point is that even finicky children such as Mikey will wolf down their Life Cereal because it’s so damn good.

However, to deal with your objections:

1. The two unnamed children seek to justify their own fear-based reluctance to try the cereal. They expect Mikey to summarily reject the bowl, after which the unnamed children can explain to the (assumed) adult in charge that there is an overwhelming consensus opinion that the allegedly good-for-you stuff is not something they should try.

Also, Mikey is their guinea pig, in case the cereal has unpleasant, bizarre or lethal effects.

1. However, when Mikey displays uncharacteristic acceptance and, indeed, enthusiasm for the crunchy breakfast food, the other two kids are excited and happy, first because of the sheer novelty of the situation, and then because of the realization that this “Life” stuff must be some pretty amazing cold cereal, and something they should experience.

So everybody is happy. It’s a beautiful moment, even though the first two kids are still little pussies.

I dunno, but I’ll bet some Texas cheerleaders might be able to shed some light on this timeless question…