Is education free in Vietnam?

I understand that primary school is provided by the government (up to the US equivalent to 8th grade, I believe). Does the Vietnamese government provide “high school” for its citizens and what about college level education? If not, how much does going to a university in Vietnam cost? Thanks.

This link from May 2005 suggests that the state pays about 70% of tuition fees for university students attending public schools. The students themselves must come up with the remaining 30%.

And this article dated May/June 2000 has a lot more detail about the education system - at all levels - of Vietnam.