Is Gadhafi a drug addict?

Many of the world’s absolute dictators are and have been drug addicts. The more power they have, the more dependent on drugs they seem to be. The average person thinks that they live a splendid life of wealth; the truth of the matter is that their lives are hell on Earth.

If the average person lives a life of tension and mild depressive bouts having spent his or her youth from 9-3 in a place they did not want to be, and then finding a “job” and spending every day from 9-5 in a space they would rather not be, punctuated by grimly entertaining weekends and foreclosures and credit card debt, a dictator’s life is 24 hour paranoia. Drugs are the only way to handle this insane tension and anxiety of losing what they think they posses. Can you imagine having a billion dollars salted away in Switzerland and not worrying yourself sick that you might lose it? The mind boggles…

The only people they can trust at all are their own children and other family members not to mention buying the loyalty at $2000 a day of African and European mercenaries who at the drop of a hat (the cut off of wages) are gone. In Libya today, are there any authentic Libyans on the Colonel’s side?

Hitler was a Meth addict, mainlined the stuff. Probably cost the Germans the war with his whacky paranoias.

Saddam Hussein and sons were smackheads.

Napoleon was coke.

Google “Mystery Of The Stoned Pharaoh” and you’ll see that they did coke as well.

Power is a real bitch. It’s a wonder that there are still so many aspirants to all these “thrones”.

unlikely

Hitler did Germany no favors, but in the long run his war effort was doomed. After the initial blitzkrieg, it was a war of steady attrition for Germany. Defeat was inevitable.

There is a parallel universe in which Hitler’s Germany did win the war.

Please, please don’t – there are many, many threads here on what could have happened in WWII if only this one thing had been different…

Please don’t hijack this thread to rehash that argument.

DNFTT.

I wish his insanity was merely drug-based, seriously. Not that he’d ever be clean or any such fantasy like that, just that it would explain a little of why he thinks the way he does about his people. I can’t begin to get my mind around his thinking, not even in an Idi Amin way.

It isn’t very tricky, really: power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

But to behave and look as though you’re so proud of your country, its heritage and its people then turn around and be fine w/ slaughtering those same people - seems schizophrenic or drug-addled behavior. That’s what I can’t get my head around.

Gaddafi’s ‘voluptuous’ Ukrainian nurse stays silent
for now that is, I wonder what we will learn when she starts talking

Is this offensive to you because the normal internet usage of the “-dar” suffix is “gaydar”?

Bob Dylan + Michael Jackson = Gadhafi

Bwahahahaha!