Is grass-fed beef better for you than Grain-finished beef?

The definitive answer to the question “Is grass-fed beef better for you than Grain-finished beef?” is: Who cares!!! If I was really worried about what is or is not good for me I would not eat beef at all, I would become a vegan.:smiley:

LINK: Is grass-fed beef better for you than grain-fed beef? - The Straight Dope

I have found it is a matter of flavor, and occasionally of texture.

Grain fed you can end up with antibiotics and hormones added to the feed

Grass fed the animals can end up with agricultural chemicals on the grazing area being eaten by the animals

<shrug> You will hear all sorts of pro and con. Eat what tastes good and you can afford.

Welcome to the Straight Dope Message Boads, markomark, we’re glad you found us. For future ref: when you start a thread, it’s helpful to provide a link to the column in question. Saves search time, and helps keep us all on the same page. No biggie, I’ve added a link at the bottom of your post, and you’ll know for next time. And as I say, welcome!

I think it’s better for you.

eat wild

is this an actual question or just a moderately sneaky way to push veganism?

I’m sorry if I’m spamming your question space (and maybe time), but how can i post a COMPLETELY new question? See, I just joined today. Some help?

P.S. I think grain fed beef, because it sounds more appetizing >_<

Go to the General Questionsforum, then click the New Thread button at the top left.

Thanks!